Do you have rams? Lets share pics! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah rams kick ***. They are awesome little fish. If you ever get a 30 or above see if anyone has apistogramma cac. Those are amazing

Got some even better pics of my male blue, he looks beautiful under the right light.

Attachments

• image-4040200652.jpg
    image-4040200652.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image-2121093292.jpg
    image-2121093292.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 158
Bshananigans-- that is a gorgeous boy!

My recent order turned out to be all female (I'm sure purposely) so I ordered 4 males from a different seller so I could try to get a pairing or two.

Bshananigans-- that is a gorgeous boy!

My recent order turned out to be all female (I'm sure purposely) so I ordered 4 males from a different seller so I could try to get a pairing or two.

You got yours from Joe right? That's where mine are from but I lost two others while acclimating. I would only get two males or even one because not all four will find a pair and there will be chasing and eventual stress induced deaths

My male ram fully colored up for the first time in seemingly forever. Everytime I tried to take a pic he would turn. By the time I got one he was back to how slightly washed out colors.

You got yours from Joe right? That's where mine are from but I lost two others while acclimating. I would only get two males or even one because not all four will find a pair and there will be chasing and eventual stress induced deaths

I got the original 4 females from Joe, they are gorgeous, but he wasn't the best person to deal with and so I went with (I believe) mflash980 this time for the 4 males. They should be here tomorrow. I don't plan on keeping all 4, I plan on having 2 pair (hopefully) in 2 seperate tanks, I just want the best chance of getting 2 pairs..as soon as I see too much aggression and/or pairing up to begin they will get seperated and the extra 4 will be rehomed. I already have a couple of friends interested. No worries! :) I don't know a ton about cichlids but I think I have all the bases covered and am being cautious about everythig I'm doing for them to give them the best possible lives.

Oh that's good ? sucks seeing rams die they look so helpless when they are on their way out. Hope the pairing pans out. Wish mine would lay eggs she looks pretty robust but when my male sees her he just follows or chases they don't seem perfectly paired yet

Oh that's good �� sucks seeing rams die they look so helpless when they are on their way out. Hope the pairing pans out. Wish mine would lay eggs she looks pretty robust but when my male sees her he just follows or chases they don't seem perfectly paired yet

I understand, I hate seeing sick/overly stressed fish as well. It's a shame that some people don't know any better/don't care.

Goodluck on your pairing!! Fingers crossed for you!

Mine is doing great with my discus

Attachments

• image-2897354821.jpg
    image-2897354821.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 152
My female has gone a slight bit discoloured, is this bad news. I will get a picture up when im home

What info you want? Tank is 125l.

Attachments

• image-2417497847.jpg
    image-2417497847.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 138
I never test my water, so i have no test kit? Always been consistent & no issues so never really felt the need to test. I did a 40% change today.
I have 2 gbr's. 1 male & 1 female. The male has chased her a bit lately. Reckon she has had enough?

I never test my water, so i have no test kit? Always been consistent & no issues so never really felt the need to test. I did a 40% change today.
I have 2 gbr's. 1 male & 1 female. The male has chased her a bit lately. Reckon she has had enough?

It's possible, how long have you had them? Just because you have a male and female doesn't mean they will pair, their picky like us when it comes to mating lol anyway if that's the case it's probably stress. I'd be watchful if she starts to hide in the corner of the tank away from everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom