Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post

They look great, thanks for sharing! From the pictures, it seems like you have a really nice aquascape too!
Thanks ill post a pic of the scape tomorrow I'm working on going co2 injected because excel isn't cutting it

Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Congrats! I will be looking our for your new Rams!

thanks!! They should be here tomorrow, so once I acclimate and get them settled a bit I'll post some pictures.

I dont remember if I said this or not in my last post, but I will need help sexing them if they are even sexable sized when I recieve them. Seller said they were "Medium" but I didn't get an actual size. All he said was to keep them in a breeder net for a while.....That sounds kind of wrong right? I have a 10 gallon opened up for them that I'd rather put them in, but if it's really better for them to be in a small space like that after shipping I can do the breeder net thing.
I personally don't trust the seller at all, he keeps all his rams in 10 gallon tanks, 25+ in each tank...he feeds frozen beefheart and baby brine (I heard beefheart isn't healthy for fish, and baby brine is, but shouldn't they be a bit big for BBS?), and he doesn't know what other types of food I would be safe using. I asked about using frozen adult brine and all he said was "i dont know, you'll have to try it and see" -- I wish I would have talked to the seller more in depth before I bid and paid....

Anyways, I'll probably be needing a lot of questions answered so please keep an eye out for a thread or two...

Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohitsae View Post

thanks!! They should be here tomorrow, so once I acclimate and get them settled a bit I'll post some pictures.

I dont remember if I said this or not in my last post, but I will need help sexing them if they are even sexable sized when I recieve them. Seller said they were "Medium" but I didn't get an actual size. All he said was to keep them in a breeder net for a while.....That sounds kind of wrong right? I have a 10 gallon opened up for them that I'd rather put them in, but if it's really better for them to be in a small space like that after shipping I can do the breeder net thing.
I personally don't trust the seller at all, he keeps all his rams in 10 gallon tanks, 25+ in each tank...he feeds frozen beefheart and baby brine (I heard beefheart isn't healthy for fish, and baby brine is, but shouldn't they be a bit big for BBS?), and he doesn't know what other types of food I would be safe using. I asked about using frozen adult brine and all he said was "i dont know, you'll have to try it and see" -- I wish I would have talked to the seller more in depth before I bid and paid....

Anyways, I'll probably be needing a lot of questions answered so please keep an eye out for a thread or two...
I agree with the breeder net scenario, joe told me the same thing. I put all four in my 40 community and two died to natural and territorial issues. Right now I have a nice pair thriving. I feed mine bloodworms and they are doing great I've heard bad things about beef heart as well. Just acclimate properly and have PLENTY of hiding places to reduce stress. They will probably be about 1.5-2 inches long when you get em and very grey. Mine took about a week or two to color out nicely
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Two of my males and them in a stare down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-793168403.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	168171

Name:	image-94643647.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	168172

Name:	image-3500726009.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	168173
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #55
Aquarium Advice Freak

This electric blue ram was awesome. Sadly it died within 48 hours in my tank. That was also the priciest fish I've ever bought-- $25!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2920476315.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	168170  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfriend View Post
Really beautiful how old are yours?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:

Attachment 168171

Attachment 168172

Attachment 168173
Preeeeeeeeeetty.
I'm looking at getting some GBR, but I'm going to wait a bit. My LFS gets new ones in all the time.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohitsae View Post

Wow! 25+ in a 10 gallon? I see why you would find that sketchy. Idk about beef heart for rams, but I know a lot of people suggest it for Discus.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshenanagins View Post

Really beautiful how old are yours?
I'm would guess all three of my pairs are around 1 yr old now. All have breed.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I'm would guess all three of my pairs are around 1 yr old now. All have breed.
Very nice they look great

Tags
hare, pics, rams

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com