Dwarf Giraffe Catfish - up close and personal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fruitbat

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is one of my new baby Dwarf Giraffe Catfish (Anaspidoglanis macrostoma). He's definitely an aggressive feeder so I was able to capture these shots of him 'up close and personal'.

amacrostoma8.jpg

amacrostoma7.jpg

amacrostoma9.jpg

-Joe

Very nice pics! Gorgeous fish! May I ask what kind of camera do you use to get such a good close up? For the life of me I can't take pics like that!

Zagz...

The camera is nothing special....it is a FujiFilm FinePix S3000. The camera is a 3.2MPixel unit but I usually leave it set on 1 or 2 MPixels. I shoot in 'macro' mode and often use the 6X optical zoom (it has digital zoom as well but not in 'macro' mode). Those pictures were taken using the on-camera flash.

-Joe

hmm lol it does look like someone smiling. but ya know how those little kids have those huge buck teeth and nothing else :D

Fruitbat said:
Zagz...

The camera is nothing special....it is a FujiFilm FinePix S3000. The camera is a 3.2MPixel unit but I usually leave it set on 1 or 2 MPixels. I shoot in 'macro' mode and often use the 6X optical zoom (it has digital zoom as well but not in 'macro' mode). Those pictures were taken using the on-camera flash.

-Joe

Nice photography all the same! Good detail. I really feel like I can get a good feel for your fish. Such nice fish, and nice smile. I swear he is smirking at us. LOL

Thats a nice shot Fruitbat!

the S3000 is a nice camera as well. I have the S5000 with a whole sleu of accessories (teleconverter, wide angle, close-up filters, and numerous other filters). My S5000 hasnt got me a shot of anything in my tank that came out looking that nice! What's you secret??

Jason

Jason....

No secret, unfortunately, or I'd certainly tell you what it is. I generally just use the macro setting and automatic flash so I'm not doing anything special with exposure settings. Occasionally I'll tape a small piece of white handkerchief over the flash to cut down on the intensity a little bit but the vast majority of the time I just let the camera do the work.

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom