Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Easy fix for actinics photos!

Have you ever tried to take a photo of that killer new coral you picked up but all you get is a blue photo from the actinics? I think most of us have! Especially if you have a cheap camera and are not a professional photographer (like me)! No matter how many times you mess with the white balance on your camera, no luck. Well here is what I have found that is a simple and free way to tone down the blue! Its a free online photo editor call PIXLR.
- Simply open the photo that you want to edit through this easy to use online editor and click "adjustment" on the toolbar at the top.
-Then go down to click on "color balance...". A small window will appear that has the color levels for RED, GREEN, & BLUE.
-Simply turn the BLUE down until your photo looks as if it did when you look at it with your own eyes! This only works to an extent, but helps considerably. Sometimes if you go down to much, sand turns green and strange things can happen. So don't get too carried away. LOL.
-You can also crop your photo and all that stuff if you want while you have your photo open in the editor.
-Finally, you have your photo not so blue and your happy. Click "file" in the toolbar and then "save...". It will give you a choice in the quality and what type of image format. ( I always turn the quality to 100, and use JPEG)

Hope this helps a lot of you, I know it did for me. Took me a little searching and using many free editors to find this feature, and I'm too broke for photoshop. Now lets see some beautiful photos that aren't, well, so blue!

If the link don't work here's the site - Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com
paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote

actinic, adjustment, blue, camera, color adjust, coral, lunar, photo, photos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com