eel on the floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was up, way past normal bedtime and talking on the aa chat, which I haven't done in years, when I heard a loud noise. I went into the living room and found the smallest of my eels on the floor, I had my camera close by for some other reason, and quickly snapped the pic.......just a lesson to close the lid no matter what the reason for leaving it open!

Attachments

• dscn5524.jpg
    dscn5524.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 146
he was ok a few minutes ago...

we did the tile ourselves...

the other 2 are over 3 ft

my sf eel did the same thing one day. I was feeding the tank and he went a little nuts and all of a sudden I heard something flopping around beside me and there he was gasping for air. Luckily I was there or he would have been a crispy critter come morning. They feel a lot different than I thought they would :mrgreen:

The closest I've come to that is that when we were acclimating our yellow eel he slithered into the sink as I was dumping the extra water out. I had to stop the drain to keep him in the sink while hubby ran for the net to get him back into his bucket. Whew! As he was brand new I wasn't really up for barehanding him... eek!

Glad you caught him before he'd been dry for too long!

Back
Top Bottom