Electric blue jack dempsey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

French51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My ebjd's lovely fish the smaller one I have only just got so its not coloured up as much as the other one yet.

Attachments

• image-4043423112.jpg
    image-4043423112.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 211
  • image-3623973075.jpg
    image-3623973075.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 207
  • image-4227081084.jpg
    image-4227081084.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 185
The larger one is around 3inch the smaller around 2inch, yeah before I brought them I done my research and heard that is hard to get them past the 4-5inch mark, everything looking good at moment iv just gotta keep water perfect for the best chances :))

The larger one is around 3inch the smaller around 2inch, yeah before I brought them I done my research and heard that is hard to get them past the 4-5inch mark, everything looking good at moment iv just gotta keep water perfect for the best chances :))

Hope they make it :) even if you keep everything perfect they can still just up and keel over. Good luck!

Fingers crossed as they are lovely fish and I'd like to try to breed them eventually with a blue gene jack Dempsey

That is a beautiful fish. I really wish I could find good specimen

Thank you he is a lovely fish he's got even bluer and they are both the first fish to the top of the tank for food :) I ordered one from a massive fish suppliers and one from small local store one from massive fish suppliers is a lot less blue but slowly catching up where as one from lfs is super blue, favourite fish :)

image-130324141.jpg

I had a ebjd but he just passed this last week or so. Keep a close eye on your fish, they tend to be a sensitive as beautiful.

I had a ebjd but he just passed this last week or so. Keep a close eye on your fish, they tend to be a sensitive as beautiful.

Sorry to hear of your loose mate, any reason why you lost it as I understand they suffer internal infections very easily is that reason??

Idk what happened over the course of a day he started going down hill. I quarantined him but he only lasted three days in there.

Idk what happened over the course of a day he started going down hill. I quarantined him but he only lasted three days in there.

What other stock did u have in ya tank as iv heard they don't do very well if they have to compete with other fish.

he was always the first one to eat and he picked a few fights too. He just came down with something nasty.

Back
Top Bottom