Everything Pico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. FishMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Saw a thread like this on another forum and thought it'd be cool for everyone to show off their low-to-no tech planted bowls, cups, vases, jars, candle holders and anything else that holds water.

Very interesting thread. I'm curious to see if people have any bowls or vases with no electrical equipment, and were able to maintain some life form and clean water.

I would think a filter would be minimum essential. But I'm hoping someone will surprise me.

How long have you had your .....tank.. up for Mr. FishMan?
Looks very modern. I love the vase or bowl type tank.

What qualifies as "low-tech"? I have jars that are being lit by plant lights (I have no good windows for them) and have airstones only for water movement (which isn't strictly necessary).

Very interesting thread. I'm curious to see if people have any bowls or vases with no electrical equipment, and were able to maintain some life form and clean water.

I would think a filter would be minimum essential. But I'm hoping someone will surprise me.

How long have you had your .....tank.. up for Mr. FishMan?
Looks very modern. I love the vase or bowl type tank.

It can be done but very few really pull it off with regards to an actual thriving/balanced system. For most it is just a novelty/cutesy thing and are short lived.

There's another thread similar to this called "Planted Bowls!" And it has around 385 posts in it so there are quite a few people doing it and able to keep them going

Thanks guys, I will have a look at the topic called 'planted bowls'. Interested to see how it works, and how long people were able to maintain it.
In my opinion, it would look more interesting than a vase with flowers on the table.

Back
Top Bottom