Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Cool February OT contest submissions

Submit your pictures for the February Off Topic photo contest. The submissions for this category can be anything family friendly that you would like to submit as not as it is not aquaria related.

Please do not post comments in this thread, the thread is for the pictures only. For full contest info
Click here

The submissions will run for 3 weeks with the voting going on for the final week of the month.

AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is a common leopard gecko but not a common phase or morph. the morph depicted is a R.A.P.T.O.R which is a morph that was introduced by a man named Ron Tremper. the care requirements for these particular geckos is a little different than their brothers and sisters. although these geckos are very very pretty they really are not very good "show pieces" and do not make very good display animals due to their many "mutations" which include albinism (T+ i believe) and a change to the eyes themselves. anyways thats enough blabbering heres the pic

good luck to everyone this month

Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
This is my 10 year old Golden Retriever, Collie, Lab mix named Sydney. She is taking a load off on the couch with her Pittsburgh Steelers bandanna on!!! She enjoys watching TV and chasing any animal that shows up on TV.

The pic is a little blurry, it was taken on my cell phone.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Family Pics FOR 2008 027.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	17353  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
Sliced Bread

Last year I was in Baikonur at the cosmodrome prepping and launching one of our satellites. While we were there, a Soyuz launch happened for a progress resupply to the ISS. We were allowed to go to a viewing area just 2.5km from the soyuz launch site. I snapped some pics:

In the DC Metro Area? Check out GWAPA and WAMAS
Old 02-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

In addition to Aquariums, I also grow orchids. This is one of my Slipper Orchids (Paphiopedilum). Is is a hybrid: Paph. Hsinying Rocket x Paph Acmodontum

the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Old 02-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to bawel Send a message via Skype™ to bawel
This squirrel suddenly just came to me when I went to a park in Denver, CO and pose looking like saying, "Take a picture of me!"

~Reef Tank~
28GL BF, Hydor Koralia Nano PH, AquaClear 50 with LRR, 24" Nova Extreme T5HO, 20Lbs LS and 35Lbs LR
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com