Finally made it to FL...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics. I like that Bonnethead Shark. By the way, have a good time down there.

Yeah, not a hammer head. I often see them in the bay here in Tampa about 2' long. The barnacle is awesome. I have some in my SW tank, but not alive.

Was it a Stone Crab? They cut one claw off to eat then throw the cab back to grow it back. Most likely it was a bird though.

I run on Bayshore which is a 4 mile continuous sidewalk around old tampa bay. I see dolfins, manatees, all sorts of rays (did you know they swim in a V formation like geese?) Mullet jumping, and thousands of shiners and yellowtail that make the trek along the wall. Crabs and sharks, and just about everything else. Pelicans and egrets as well. Oh, and mangroves. at the beaches you can find all sorts of snails and white leg hermits.

thousands of shiners and yellowtail that make the trek along the wall.

God, the yellow tail will almost suck on your legs while swimming. If you have hairy legs (Because i shurly do) the air bubbles get stuck in the hair and the like suck them off your legs. You shake your legs and they move away then come back. Feels so weird.

Also when you walk along the rivers you will see all sort of gar, red terrors, plecos, birds, gators, snakes, manatees, otters, and other stuff.

Yeah, not a hammer head. I often see them in the bay here in Tampa about 2' long. The barnacle is awesome. I have some in my SW tank, but not alive.

Was it a Stone Crab? They cut one claw off to eat then throw the cab back to grow it back. Most likely it was a bird though.

I run on Bayshore which is a 4 mile continuous sidewalk around old tampa bay. I see dolfins, manatees, all sorts of rays (did you know they swim in a V formation like geese?) Mullet jumping, and thousands of shiners and yellowtail that make the trek along the wall. Crabs and sharks, and just about everything else. Pelicans and egrets as well. Oh, and mangroves. at the beaches you can find all sorts of snails and white leg hermits.

Wow, wish I had you when I was down there pointing everything out for me :) The only pelicans I saw were when I was back at the condo and they flew over. Pretty cool about the rays swimming in a V.

I loved the sand, it was sooooo soft it was like walking in powdered sugar. I brought home a few shells for my fam and for the three Purple claw hermit crabs I also brought home. I can't wait for them to destress so that we can play with them.

It was so beautiful...got a few good images for prints (probably for my bathroom) and lots of groovy memories :)

lol that's the nice part of florida, down here where i live we never see anything like that even though we're so close to the beach hahaha

From West Virginia to the Florida waters. Must've been culture shock. Nice pics.

Kicking and screaming when it was time to go home, right? Back to the rocks and hillsides, huh? :)

Back
Top Bottom