First planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanh84

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just got rid of my last plastic plant and love the look of the real plants already, along with my new wood. What do you think so far?

Attachments

• image-45893976.jpg
    image-45893976.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 176
  • image-3723437331.jpg
    image-3723437331.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image-829263210.jpg
    image-829263210.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 224
Looks very lively. I'm debating on putting live plants in my 29g. I've got rocks laying in it w/o water yet. Sand and live look so much better. Good job!

I like it also, it looks clean. A few tips would be to put that heater parallel with the sand in the back so that the driftwood/rockwork hides it.

Also, it looks like the tank has a pink bulb in it, a full spectrum white bulb would make a world of difference in the general tint of the tank if you ever want to change it.

And finally, get more plants, fill it in, it's looking fantastic already but will look even better when it gets filled in.

I agree i need some more foliage. I was told i had to have the heater as it is. I would rather hide it though. Im thinking of a blue backgroud too.

jetajockey said:
I like it also, it looks clean. A few tips would be to put that heater parallel with the sand in the back so that the driftwood/rockwork hides it.

Also, it looks like the tank has a pink bulb in it, a full spectrum white bulb would make a world of difference in the general tint of the tank if you ever want to change it.

And finally, get more plants, fill it in, it's looking fantastic already but will look even better when it gets filled in.

The bulb is pinkish. I only brought this one as being a novice it said plant on the box. I do prefer white though

I use 2 coralife 50/50 10 watts for my tank. The 50/50 I believe means one of the tubes is white while the other tube on the same fixture is blue, giving it the tint that I
like.

This is a tank that started over the weekend that I plan on turning into a jungle.

image-1914608012.jpg

Donkey Gun said:
I use 2 coralife 50/50 10 watts for my tank. The 50/50 I believe means one of the tubes is white while the other tube on the same fixture is blue, giving it the tint that I
like.

This is a tank that started over the weekend that I plan on turning into a jungle.

Nice
I have just spread the swords out abit. They are growing so quick.

Does it matter how i position the heater (horizontal/vertical). I am thinking abouthiding it in the left hand corner?

Mine are down by the gravel as well. Helps avoid that "aw crap I forgot to unplug the heater" panic when doing water changes

Do you just have live sand down, or is there gravel underneath the sand?

Looking good! You'll never look at plastic plants again. Are you putting on a background/covering? Black or blue solid color would look nice.

Ceej said:
Do you just have live sand down, or is there gravel underneath the sand?

Its just builders sand which i washed out. I use flourish root tabs and liquid fert

Deckape said:
Looking good! You'll never look at plastic plants again. Are you putting on a background/covering? Black or blue solid color would look nice.

It has blach at the monent but my dad has blue and i like the look

Seanh84 said:
It has blach at the monent but my dad has blue and i like the look

I say black, the plants REALLY stand out, and even the slightest colors from fish can be seen. Plus, you cant see all the alea on the back wall. Heres mine, you you can get an idea of how it looks

It shouldn't matter how you position the heater if it is a fully submergable type... I have 1 fluvial 200w that provides labeling of the 1 inch gap where the water level needs to sit.

Back
Top Bottom