Fish in my 55.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike4242

Aquarium Advice Activist
More to come

Attachments

• image-2304942413.jpg
    image-2304942413.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 142
Beautiful! Is that a brichardi cichlid? I might be totally crazy, but that looks like one at PetCo labeled as that. Anyhow, despie my poor cichlid identification skills, that is gorgeous. I really like the head shape. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Beautiful! Is that a brichardi cichlid? I might be totally crazy, but that looks like one at PetCo labeled as that. Anyhow, despie my poor cichlid identification skills, that is gorgeous. I really like the head shape. :)

central and south american cichlid occupy my tank. This is a firemouth cichlid. The brichardi is an African I believe. (no guarantees)

I have a piece of ceramic that looks like a tree and roots. It looked good in my tank and my pleco would hide in it. The problem is that the pleco would crap inside it. Guess what, I pulled it out and the smell from it almost knocked me off my feet. I kept it out if the tank because I can only imagine the amount of ammonia that would pile up and not get vacuumed out during pwc's. Something to think about when you use these type of decorations.

Uncle Dirty said:
I have a piece of ceramic that looks like a tree and roots. It looked good in my tank and my pleco would hide in it. The problem is that the pleco would crap inside it. Guess what, I pulled it out and the smell from it almost knocked me off my feet. I kept it out if the tank because I can only imagine the amount of ammonia that would pile up and not get vacuumed out during pwc's. Something to think about when you use these type of decorations.

Wow, never even thought about that. My parrot likes to hide out in there. Maybe today I will take it out and see what's up.

When I used that piece, every time I did water changes, I lifted it up so all the water ran out of it, bringing any debris with it. Not really a big deal as long as you maintain it properly.

LyndaB said:
When I used that piece, every time I did water changes, I lifted it up so all the water ran out of it, bringing any debris with it. Not really a big deal as long as you maintain it properly.

Some decorations don't drain from the bottom and I don't want to have to take off the tank light and cover every time I "maintain it properly".

Oscar hanging out

Attachments

• image-3240214042.jpg
    image-3240214042.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 89
Uncle Dirty said:

LOL. .... Same when I had mine lol.

Back
Top Bottom