Fluval Chi re-do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetajockey

come get me tang police!
Took the betta out of the Chi and redid it into a shrimp tank. Added a few low maintenance plants, driftwood, and that was about it.

The plants in the back are ludwigia arcuata, and another ludwigia hybrid, foreground is marsilea with a little bit of süßwassertang on the front right side. The java moss on the driftwood is naturally growing, it attached itself after a few months of creeping along the substrate. There's a little bit of clado on there as well.

I'm going to probably mess with it a bit more and get some better lighting and pictures but heres the preliminary.

img_1382663_0_7c7e1f023fe7e09dfe66a48a04551558.jpg

closeup of the dw
img_1382663_1_df553b48a2eb2ec6aaf55bb95bf6fd27.jpg

and one more with extra lighting from behind.
img_1382663_2_af7ed255e207faa26a7052ff3283927c.jpg

I love the reds and blacks together too. I've always wanted to do that. Don't they make ugly hybrids though? Do you just cull them?

No, they come out either red or black, they don't get mottled. They are all the same species just different strains, but however the genetics go, it works out to where they don't ever come out as a mix between the two.

Wow...I have never heard that before. Thanks for that! :)

I love these tanks. Will probably be my next purchase. Yours looks great.! Cheers..

I've been wanting a shrimp tank for a while now! Looks good, I might use this type of setup

Back
Top Bottom