Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleggat View Post
Typical store person imo, you get a few good ones though. It's simple really, check when they're in the tank, find a male, catch that specific one then double check it in the bag but some of them don't know so it's better to ask for a specific fish so you know you're getting what you want Good luck with your fish, your fry are real sweet!
I had done a lot of reading and looking before I went out to get them. Then got to the store and looked and tought hummm they look like females and males!! Then looked again at the tank, tank said Molly's all male. I thought wow I really thought I knew what I was looking for. Talked to the guy and he said nope they are "males and Molly's". Next time ill listen to what I think and not be told I have it wrong tell I look again. Lol this is where my new IPhone will help last phone could not get on the net

Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzter View Post
If they have had any sort of contact with a male in the store then they can store sperm for 6-7 months and keep on giving birth. They can give birth about 6 times in 6 months and each time they can have 10+ fry.
I know we have 3 others that are already prego! That's why I went ahead and bought the 10gal tank. Oh we'll in sure I can find a place that will take them. My friends are wanting some already. So I will be looking a pics to make sure I give them the right sex

Tags
fry, platy, platys

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com