Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Fry Video's: Rams and Africans

I think I put this post in the wrong spot. It was in the Cichlid forum, but should be in the photography section. Oops

Also, can anyone tell me how to embed a video on here?

I have two beautiful Bolivian Rams. They are my baby's and what got me so into fish. Well, in the past they have spawned about 10 times. The most fry I ever got to live past 2 weeks has been 8. I was feeding the fry frozen baby brine shrimp and crushed flakes. Well, I decided the next time around I would try the live baby brine shrimp. With the live food my fry always had nice fat tummies and they grew 3 times faster than past batches! Also, I now have 31 fry that are now 6 weeks old and in a 10 gallon grow out tank!

I made short videos of the spawn, and the fry growing up.

This video is a remix starting with the papa over the eggs to 1 month old juvies. The juvies now live in a 10 gallon grow out tank until they get big enough to sell and trade. Lets see if the video works......... Well, I can't seem to be able to embed the video? How do you guys do that??

Here's the link to it.
May Spawn 2009 :: Best Remix Free Swimmers remix by dizzcat45 - Photobucket

In this remix, it follows the male and female when they start to flirt up to the spawn and parental care. Its pretty cool! Months worth of short vids too. In the begining while they are flirting, you see some of their older fry that I still had. I had to take the older fry to the LFS because they were ready to spawn again and were not tolerating the kids anymore.

One day I wanted to see how African Mbuna develop inside a mouth brooders mouth. So I built an egg tumbler and this is what I saw.
Tumbler Remix :: Egg Tumbler remix by dizzcat45 - Photobucket

This one is a very short vid of my male Greshakei (Ice Blue) going nuts as soon as I put females in the tank. :p As soon as he discovered them he started digging out a spawning site. Its funny to watch. The fake plants in the middle laying on their sides were actually planted nice and neat in a corner. He grabbed them by the stem and moved them out of his way!

Ice Blue Metriaclima greshakei :: Chewy Digs remix by dizzcat45 - Photobucket

My next project is to work on a remix of all my Mbuna. I will post it here as soon as I have it done. These are really fun to make!
DizzCat is offline   Reply With Quote

african, fry, rams, video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com