FW Tank Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wabyrd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanted to share some pics of my favorite tank. The photos aren't the best, but they're the best of about 200 pics taken. It's a 55 half planted with mollies, platys, and a few guppies. Oh yeah, 4 Zebra Danios to liven things up a bit. Look close and you can see some of our fry. If the pictures aren't showing, please try taking a look later. We've been having some problems with our ISP. Like no connection for 5 days...

Black Molly, Red Velvet Platy, Tequila Sunrise Platy
aq1.jpg

All the fish. (Firefly in back was found floating today :( )
aq2.jpg

Wider shot showing Silver Molly, 24K Gold Molly, Dalmation Molly, Tuxuedo Platy, and more plants.
aq3.jpg

Red Velvet Platy(my favorites)
aq4.jpg

Black Molly, Guppies, Tequila Sunrise Platy
aq5.jpg

Another shot of the Mollies
aq6.jpg

None of the pics showed up.

I want to SCREAM!!! I'm fighting with my ISP right now. My cable connection comes and goes in about 30 minute increments and I had NO cable internet service over the weekend. Please check back at another time if the pics don't show. I've looked over my logs and some people are able to get through. Hopefully this will be resolved by wednesday. Of course I thought it was resolved Last night...

Thanks!

Not all are decorations. More than half are live plants. The pink flower is fake, but the moneywort, swords, water sprite, and wendtii are real. There is one fake sword, but it's not in any of the pics. The fry grass is of course fake too. The real plants are growing well in plain old gravel. I got them to counter the rapidly increasing fish load due to more births. I don't run CO2, or even fertilize. I am going to assume the heavy bioload helps by providing them the CO2 and fertilizer they need. They're growing well enough that I have a new plant bud forming on one of my swords. It's great. Even though it's a little overstocked, the fish are doing fine (except that one platy that died) and the nitrAtes creep up even slower than they do in my goldfish tank. Zero ammonia. Zero nitrIte.

Your tank looks great. The photos where a bit slow for me to load but I got them all.

Thank you for sharing.

Lovely tank! Good combination of color; must be a joy to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom