Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lots of off topic posts have been deleted. Let's remember that in order to keep a thread open, it needs to be on topic. Let's not go back to the days of every other thread being closed because of chit chat (of course, that's always an option).

Just got home..saw the tank..and wow..

Looks GREAT!!! Hahahah;) But seriously! All fish accounted for, MOST corals look happy, (except frogspawn and duncan...:() and overall everything is good!

Growth: massive growth from the the teal polyps, GSP, and one of the hammers. Good growth from gold speckled palys, and eagle eye zoas.

Problems: just one. Lost some zoas lol. Dont know how that happens buuuttt ya. My little rock with 3 heads of x factor and a bit of gsp is gone. Ive been searching..but if they fell a couple days or a week ago they could already be dead. Oh well

Gboy66 said:
Just got home..saw the tank..and wow..

Looks GREAT!!! Hahahah;) But seriously! All fish accounted for, MOST corals look happy, (except frogspawn and duncan...:() and overall everything is good!

Growth: massive growth from the the teal polyps, GSP, and one of the hammers. Good growth from gold speckled palys, and eagle eye zoas.

Problems: just one. Lost some zoas lol. Dont know how that happens buuuttt ya. My little rock with 3 heads of x factor and a bit of gsp is gone. Ive been searching..but if they fell a couple days or a week ago they could already be dead. Oh well

Sounds like everything did reAlly well! I'm sorry about the x factor and bit of gsp, but I'd say if that was the only loss that's really good. Glad you guys are home!!

The marine betta is very very active now, its amazing. I see him in the front almost every time i look over and he is now my favorite fish.

School starts tomorrow so to make myself feel a little better we bought a sailfert calcium and alk test kit (wow thats expensive!!!) and a magician paly coral. It looks cool and will be placed in our "paly garden". Even after all that, we are both still sad. Haha

Just for u bear!!!
Magician Palythoas!!!!!:)

Attachments

• image-663673670.jpg
    image-663673670.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 129
A mini picture update... I saw adams pics and it inspired me, but my camera isnt good...

1. A cool pic showing growth (todd and mema are in the back... They are best buds!)

2. Some great GSP growth, im really happy about this.

3. An fts.... You can see the goby on the left, he really wated some nori from the clip! :)

Attachments

• image-1344623893.jpg
    image-1344623893.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1752389324.jpg
    image-1752389324.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3554991005.jpg
    image-3554991005.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 124
Well the goby really messed it up but initially it was 4" deep everywhere... Now some places are 2" and others are 7"... It gets cray. Lol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well the goby really messed it up but initially it was 4" deep everywhere... Now some places are 2" and others are 7"... It gets cray. Lol

Haha alright. Does he still mess it up or did he make all his tunnels now?

We did a bunch of work yesterday and earned 70 dollars..... With that money we bought a ton of green/red mushrooms, alk buffer, and some mysis shrimp to feed the boys!!!

A few shrooms are the size of my fist to give you a reference.... I have large hands too. Lol!

The hawk is doing well!! Hilarious as always:)

Jack and i have been getting the alk/calcium under controll and weve finally got it! Added some alk buffer and it is now at 10.2, and the calcium is around 400!

If you can track how much it goes down and then add a certain amount every other day or so to get it back up, it would be ideal. Dosing can actually be bad if levels fluctuate too much.

needmorecowbell said:
If you can track how much it goes down and then add a certain amount every other day or so to get it back up, it would be ideal. Dosing can actually be bad if levels fluctuate too much.

Ya! Ill test tomorrow. Problem is i dont know exactly how much buffer raises the alk say 1 point. So i have to experiment to find out. Plus water changes bump it back up so its hard to tell

Gboy66 said:
Ya! Ill test tomorrow. Problem is i dont know exactly how much buffer raises the alk say 1 point. So i have to experiment to find out. Plus water changes bump it back up so its hard to tell

Yeah, you test it once a day until you find out how much it raises it (it might even say on the bottle)

Back
Top Bottom