Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ya mrc i was thinking about that just the other day, but then i realized it might not be the best idea because you should wait roughly 6 months or more before getting a nem... And who would wait 6 months before adding coral you know? Just a thought

That's why you do a second tank that way you can have the pleasure of corals while you wait and a nem tank is a great excuse for a second setup.... I better start showing the gf some rbta pics :)

I just got rid of my condys to make room for a GBTA!!! I want my clowns to host sooo bad!! When they come on sale at REEFS2GO im getting one!

TigerBarbs said:
I just got rid of my condys to make room for a GBTA!!! I want my clowns to host sooo bad!! When they come on sale at REEFS2GO im getting one!

Wow nice! Hopefully you will have the same lick we've had.

Gboy66 said:
Wow nice! Hopefully you will have the same lick we've had.

I sure hope so! My clowns have never tried to host anything so i hope i get lucky. Mine are perculas. Yours are occelaris right?

TigerBarbs said:
I sure hope so! My clowns have never tried to host anything so i hope i get lucky. Mine are perculas. Yours are occelaris right?

Correct. Think it makes a difference if they were wild caught or not? My wild caught (i think) clown is the one hosting!

Gboy66 said:
Correct. Think it makes a difference if they were wild caught or not? My wild caught (i think) clown is the one hosting!

From what I read, not experience wild caughts are much more likely to host a clown.

Mrc8858 said:
From what I read, not experience wild caughts are much more likely to host a clown.

This is my experience, too. Although I never had a clown that didn't host a mushroom leather for whatever reason. Even tank raised ones eventually joined the party.

Hey thanks for the thoughts matt and coralline. I had a hunch that the wild caught ones would have a better defined "instinct".

I hope Connie joing the party soon! Its a rager! Lol

Gboy66 said:

There is no such thing as a wild caught black clowns right?

Wild caught clowns are definitly more likely to host :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:

They are very rare but some wild caughts exist that are rare morphs.. that's how some are actually produced

Mrc8858 said:
They are very rare but some wild caughts exist that are rare morphs.. that's how some are actually produced

Yeah but from my understanding there are some clowns in the wild that are a bit darker then others, but there are not all black clowns like the ones we have in our aquariums... I assume the darker ones are bred together and the offspring get darker and darker, eventually leading to the all black clowns we have today...

Nu-Nu the eel said:

Oh i guess this could be true!! Maybe Billay the clown is just hosting because he is older;)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Yeah but from my understanding there are some clowns in the wild that are a bit darker then others, but there are not all black clowns like the ones we have in our aquariums... I assume the darker ones are bred together and the offspring get darker and darker, eventually leading to the all black clowns we have today...

Yep, that's how they do it!!

Not much to say about the tank... Everything is growing and happy :) got a few free corals from a nice guy in our area and they are doing great! We got a purple haze, yellow acro, ricordia mushroom, trumpet coral, a hammer coral, and some new palys!! :p

That'd cost a boatload of cash at the shops in my area. That really is a cool guy to give you all that! Reefers are the best kinds of people.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Not much to say about the tank... Everything is growing and happy :) got a few free corals from a nice guy in our area and they are doing great! We got a purple haze, yellow acro, ricordia mushroom, trumpet coral, a hammer coral, and some new palys!! :p

Wow! Yeah, that is quite the haul for free!!! That's great!! :) where's the pictures??!!

Beengirl said:
Wow! Yeah, that is quite the haul for free!!! That's great!! :) where's the pictures??!!

Exactly what I'm wondering! You know how it goes jack until we see pics, it didn't happen ;) lol

Haha dude i cant take pictures for my life! I wouldnt be able to capture all of the little polyps and things on the sps corals :eek: anyone know much about the purple haze coral? Worth alot? :)

Back
Top Bottom