Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #281
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Do you have a sump?
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #282
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Haha thanks guys good to see some more followers... Except bud i guess :p You are all so nice... We thought 30 bucks for te nem was a steal, and even though we would have prefered to wait we couldnt :/ haha

Bear we dont have a sump! I wish i could have one, but the stand wont allow it
__________________

__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #283
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Haha thanks guys good to see some more followers... Except bud i guess :p You are all so nice... We thought 30 bucks for te nem was a steal, and even though we would have prefered to wait we couldnt :/ haha

Bear we dont have a sump! I wish i could have one, but the stand wont allow it
Well that's not where the evaporation is coming from then. Weird!
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #284
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
This is what i think is going on. Our lights are under the hood and its a 6 bulb t5 so thats alot of heat. Around the outside of the hood we have 4 fans built in... Im thinking the light heats up the surface of the water and causes evaporation and then the fans push it out of the tank through the grill on the side where the fans go....
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #285
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
With that amount of air flowing over the tank you'd have a lot of evaporation with any light fixture. Once the weather gets nice and cool you could try running two fans and see how it goes. I always run lots of air in the summer and less as winter approaches.

Awesome nem! Have you tried holding a picture of an anemone with clowns in it next to the tank? I just read a thread about that. Sounds crazy but people say it really works sometimes. Either that or playing a YouTube video of clowns swimming in their nems. I know I sound like I'm posting from the nut-house but hey, worth a shot! lol Especially if you have a book with a pic like that in it. Personally, I'd have to see it to believe it... but I won't discount it.
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #286
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
If a zoa catches "food" will it close up to eat? Mine open and close. Like sometimes they are open, an then I look again later and some will be closed or half closed, and then they will be open the next time I look.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #287
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
skywhitney's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
If a zoa catches "food" will it close up to eat? Mine open and close. Like sometimes they are open, an then I look again later and some will be closed or half closed, and then they will be open the next time I look.
That's what mine do

Great grab on the nem guys! It's gorgeous!
__________________
Saltwater: 120g Mixed Reef :|: 20g Mixed Reef
Freshwater: 93g Planted Community
Other: 100g Amazon Milk Frog Vivarium :|: 40b Ghost Cornsnake Terrarium
skywhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #288
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Tank is really looking GREAT fellas!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #289
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae
With that amount of air flowing over the tank you'd have a lot of evaporation with any light fixture. Once the weather gets nice and cool you could try running two fans and see how it goes. I always run lots of air in the summer and less as winter approaches.

Awesome nem! Have you tried holding a picture of an anemone with clowns in it next to the tank? I just read a thread about that. Sounds crazy but people say it really works sometimes. Either that or playing a YouTube video of clowns swimming in their nems. I know I sound like I'm posting from the nut-house but hey, worth a shot! lol Especially if you have a book with a pic like that in it. Personally, I'd have to see it to believe it... but I won't discount it.
Ahaha jack thought i was crazy when i taped a picture to the tank earlier today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
If a zoa catches "food" will it close up to eat? Mine open and close. Like sometimes they are open, an then I look again later and some will be closed or half closed, and then they will be open the next time I look.
Mine just randomly close sometimes. They dont really eat though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
Tank is really looking GREAT fellas!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
Thanks dude means alot. Having a ton of fun with this tank. Cant keep my eyes off it.

Also just went to a reef club meeting and got some good stuff. Free too (but traded rock). Metallic Blue Xenia, and Inside-Out Zoas. Pretty happy with the pickups!
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #290
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
[QUOTE="Gboy66"]

Mine just randomly close sometimes. They dont really eat though... [/QOUTE]

Cool! Thank you. I was worried they were pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
Also just went to a reef club meeting and got some good stuff. Free too (but traded rock). Metallic Blue Xenia, and Inside-Out Zoas. Pretty happy with the pickups!
Sounds awesome!
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.