Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
I thought this was a pretty cool pic :) how do you guys like it so far?

Love that pic! Reminds me of the edge of the reef in finding memo :) don't touch the butt!! Lol

Hahaha thanks guys, i like the side view of this tank! Im pleased with how it looks so far. We probably wont add much anything else for a while now... But i think it would be cool to have a pair of arrow crabs right?

Arrow crabs eat the tiny fan worms that grow on live rock. I love those worms. I guess it's which animal you prefer that decides it.

CorallineAlgae said:
Arrow crabs eat the tiny fan worms that grow on live rock. I love those worms. I guess it's which animal you prefer that decides it.

Ohh haha i dont really care for those worms much. I would rather have 2 awesome crabs! :)
We have been thinking about rehoming the flame hawk for a midas blenny, but we arent sure yet.. We like them both and we have no more room.. :/

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ohh haha i dont really care for those worms much. I would rather have 2 awesome crabs! :)
We have been thinking about rehoming the flame hawk for a midas blenny, but we arent sure yet.. We like them both and we have no more room.. :/

I keep saying you guys need a second tank maybe just fowlr to really save on cost ;)

Looks awesome. I hope my 55 reef looks like this one day. I have a question about your fox face. I put him in my tank on friday, he's been hanging out behind the live rock for most of the day either leaning against the wall or on the sandbed. He swims to the front of the tank and around with my yellow tang when I walk in the room from work and now when I sit and watch the tank he hides again. Did yours do this too?

TommyP said:
Looks awesome. I hope my 55 reef looks like this one day. I have a question about your fox face. I put him in my tank on friday, he's been hanging out behind the live rock for most of the day either leaning against the wall or on the sandbed. He swims to the front of the tank and around with my yellow tang when I walk in the room from work and now when I sit and watch the tank he hides again. Did yours do this too?

Thank you so much! Yes, they are very jumpy fish. He just needs time to warm up to you is all! Mine is fine now but i used to have to lay on the floor where he couldnt see me to take pictures lol!!

TommyP said:

Yes mine did/does. He is the most skiddish fish we have for sure... He gets spooked very easily. For the first week he never came out of his hiding spot but now i usually see him at the front. Just give it some time and go up to the tank slowly :)

Mrc i wish!! I would love to have another tank for fish only... But my parents would disagree :)

We just made 200 bucks in an hour and a half so we now have 300 dollars to spend. Thinking about putting a sump in our stand under the RSM. Not a whole lot of space for a tank, but its very easy to plumb into the tank because it is set up for a sump. Heres a quick pic of our stand, we will remove the shelf on the right side for it to fit. Please leave any suggestions, and if anyone knows what size tank would fit that would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image-2782099406.jpg
    image-2782099406.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 82
It's hard to say without measurements but it looks like you could fit a 29 if you had everything out or otherwise a 15H or 20H. Should be a fun project.

CorallineAlgae said:
It's hard to say without measurements but it looks like you could fit a 29 if you had everything out or otherwise a 15H or 20H. Should be a fun project.

Thanks for the idea! Please check out the sump thread my brother made!

Hi looking good Nu Nu the eel(y) Simply measure the area and see what you can fit inside,allowing a little room for discrepancies. Could you fit a sump alongside and conceal it an a home made cabinet?

you be surprised to find how well something that big can hide,
my coral banded shrimp find ways into nooks and cranny's to hide
ones 3 1/2 inch others almost 6 inches now he got huge and they both hide real good when they want it's amazing the places they hide in ,
I think he'll keep you on your toes looking than pop out to eat
it's fun trying to find their best hiding spots

I really really hope your right..... I dont wanna loose this guy but i havent seen him for at least 2 days :/ we looked all over and he has never heppen before fo i dont know..

Back
Top Bottom