Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
You have all the other euphillia, why not an octo?? Lol

Thanks! And great to see you Jl!!

Hahah, i've been meaning to get one. I just need to find the right size at the right price;)

stingrays4 said:
Hi great video thanks for sharing(y) Your fish certainly seem friendly:D

Lol thanks man! I think they are quite happy and healthy :) I think they are very healthy because of the new homemade food we started feeding them... Its cheap and can be made in large quantities so it lasts a long time. If anyone wants to know the recipe Grant will post it on here if you request it! :)

Please do share my hubby makes home made for our cichlids n would love a recipe for our salt water buddy's

Hi everyone! Yes the fish love the homemade food. I used...

Several Nori sheets
White fish
Scallops
Raw shrimp
Garlic
RO/DI
(Plus i recommend vitamins)

All fresh, not from the can. Dice it up or puree it to your prefered size. (For example, we kept the pieces bigger because we have some larger fish that wont eat small pieces).

Try to get most liquids put by squeezing the mash and then dump onto freezable plastic bags. Lay these flat in the freezer.

To feed, just knock out some pieces and feed them in the way you prefer! Fish should go crazy..capitol CRAY. Haha

To learn more, GregCoyote has a thread all about it. Got my inspiration from him and his methods of making this food. :)

Just got home from a 10 day vacation and the tabk looks better them when we left it.... Haha everything really grew while we were gone and all of the fish look awesome too!!

Just got home from a 10 day vacation and the tabk looks better them when we left it.... Haha everything really grew while we were gone and all of the fish look awesome too!!

That's great! Glad all the fish (and even the creepy arrow crab) survived the absence!

Beengirl said:
That's great! Glad all the fish (and even the creepy arrow crab) survived the absence!

Lol!! Yes he did i love that guy!! :D

Convict2161 said:
Nice!! I bet you guys had a blast!

Thanks man we did! We went scuba diving all along the Hawaiian reefs and even did a night dive with Manta Rays!!:p

Not too much to report. The vacation was great and the we came back to a thriving tank. Everything grew a lot!! However, i have been noticing more hair algae, as well as a nasty green sludge type.

So, yesterday i got around to ordering the replacement filters for my Rodi. And today, i just ordered some kent reef salt, some activated carbon, as well as some mesh bags. I also plan on picking up a sump on saturday. Been spending a lot but i thank christmas for those funds lol. So, everything here is looking pretty good!!:)

Not too much to report. The vacation was great and the we came back to a thriving tank. Everything grew a lot!! However, i have been noticing more hair algae, as well as a nasty green sludge type.

So, yesterday i got around to ordering the replacement filters for my Rodi. And today, i just ordered some kent reef salt, some activated carbon, as well as some mesh bags. I also plan on picking up a sump on saturday. Been spending a lot but i thank christmas for those funds lol. So, everything here is looking pretty good!!:)

Nice. You KNOW I'll be following ;)

(Cough) (cough)

Mrc8858 said:
What you guys been up to?

Not much. Got all the salt and such..but still havent found the time for a waterchange due to finals. Its been almost 2 weeks! Gotta get on it..Makes me happy to know the tank is stable enough to last awhile without wayer changes though! Havent seen any bad signs

Other than that not much! We've been having some great coral growth and everythings healthy:)

Back
Top Bottom