Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crister13 said:
Text me a pic of it. I'll try to see what you can do.

Cool thanks.

Just checked alk and calcium. Alk at 6.7 and calcium at 480. I dosed up alk.

Can you shade that end of the tank with some screen and light acclimate them up to the new lighting cause zoas are pretty good at adapting... Sorry dont know much on rsm setups

Mrc8858 said:
Can you shade that end of the tank with some screen and light acclimate them up to the new lighting cause zoas are pretty good at adapting... Sorry dont know much on rsm setups

Hmm im not sure about that really. Maybe i could tape some on? Idk. What type of screen?

Eggcrate is the new duct tape!! It's actually called light diffuser in stores... So lets use it for what it's made for lol. Put some below the light to cut down on direct light.

Bearchumjs said:
I'm sorry about the zoos!! They are way too awesome! You gotta try the window screen.

I know right...:( i have a plan though. I will be moving each one slowly day by day to acclimate them.

needmorecowbell said:
Eggcrate is the new duct tape!! It's actually called light diffuser in stores... So lets use it for what it's made for lol. Put some below the light to cut down on direct light.

That is true! Dont i have to buy a ton if i only want a little though?

54seaweed said:
:facepalm::facepalm:NO not again lol:D:D

Muahahaha! Nah jk, i need to touch it up a little but i think it will stay that way..

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah you do unless its from brs, but its only like 10$ and if your still thinking about a sump, you'll want it.

Oh cool! Im just not sure if the egg crate will fit under the lid. And i dont think the sump is a possibility haha

Gboy66 said:
Oh cool! Im just not sure if the egg crate will fit under the lid. And i dont think the sump is a possibility haha

Then window screen is your best bet. My brother just gave me some to use on my planted quarantine tank. The LEDs are to close and hanging it isn't practical. It cuts down on some of the shimmer but for you it'll be temporary.

Bearchumjs said:
How are the zoas doing?

Zoas are doing well again. I just let them chill and they came back..now im starting to move them up again. Tank is looking really good now, but the hair algae is building up. What are the causes and ways to defeat hair algae??

Gboy66 said:
Zoas are doing well again. I just let them chill and they came back..now im starting to move them up again. Tank is looking really good now, but the hair algae is building up. What are the causes and ways to defeat hair algae??

Causes are phosphates and nitrates. Ways to defeat it are water changes and algea eating things. Emerald crabs, hermits, snails.

Bearchumjs said:
Causes are phosphates and nitrates. Ways to defeat it are water changes and algea eating things. Emerald crabs, hermits, snails.

I need a phosphate test then..

Im doing lots of water changes..but i have hermits and snails. Maybe my RODI has too high of a TDS

Gboy66 said:
I need a phosphate test then..

Im doing lots of water changes..but i have hermits and snails. Maybe my RODI has too high of a TDS

Time to test that. Reducing light can help too.

Back
Top Bottom