German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my girl happened to stumble across this fish while we were at the fish store...never seen them before for some reason...at first we were really questioning whether or not to buy one because they were pretty aggressive in the tank... but we took home a single male ( due to the males have the brighter colors and mohawk look) and its been a week and we couldnt be happier with him. hes a quite peaceful fish by himself and interacts with the other fish.
247850_2049575325189_1418647088_2382851_4247851_n.jpg

negligent_inmate said:
my girl happened to stumble across this fish while we were at the fish store...never seen them before for some reason...at first we were really questioning whether or not to buy one because they were pretty aggressive in the tank... but we took home a single male ( due to the males have the brighter colors and mohawk look) and its been a week and we couldnt be happier with him. hes a quite peaceful fish by himself and interacts with the other fish.

Just keep ur water clean and make sure they have caves and he will be super happy good luck with him!! :)

negligent_inmate said:

Nice pic...I noticed it after my last post! Ha!

why thank you:) and i have a good third of the tank heavily planted and i have a corner piece of whiterock that he can hide behind/in/under... he seems content as of now lol.

Awesome! Mine are doing really good....their colors are getting brighter :) At feeding time I took some pics....im almost positive I have 2 females and a male! 2 have blue iridescent scales across whole side and 1 has the pure black spot and much more vibrant colors!

1st and last are the male
2nd and 3rd are each of the females

Thank you everyone for all of your advice as usual :):):):):)

yeah you def have 2 females and 1 male, last pic of the male is an amazing photo! the males always have a brighter, more definitive color and also they "flare" alot more than the females do, heck mine doesnt swim more than a few inches before to show off all his fins, especially the 'hawk on his back
. i am truly 110% happy with this breed of fish! i cant believe i went this long without noticing/finding them. I always buy from the same exact fish store.

negligent_inmate said:
yeah you def have 2 females and 1 male, last pic of the male is an amazing photo! the males always have a brighter, more definitive color and also they "flare" alot more than the females do, heck mine doesnt swim more than a few inches before to show off all his fins, especially the 'hawk on his back
. i am truly 110% happy with this breed of fish! i cant believe i went this long without noticing/finding them. I always buy from the same exact fish store.

Thanks for the compliment...I absolutely love my lfs they have really knowledgeable staff, healthy fish, clean showroom...I double check everything here and online and they are usually accurate.

same here on my end.. they may cost a lil bit more but its more than worth it. Like you said, the fish are healthier, the staff more knowledgeable. I've also noticed that the fish last longer and arre generally more colorful

Still going good, they have been in my tank for a week now and so far so good. I'm getting a new light fixture off of ebay in the next coming days going for live plants!!! That should help keep my water nicey nice for my beautiful GBR's :)

Back
Top Bottom