Glolite Tetra pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10Gallon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a few good ones tonight. They look young and skinny. Hopefully they'll grow and look better in the coming months.

ZbOakpX.jpg

mwJpRNL.jpg

TYlKHIH.jpg

Since one died in the QT, I thought that would be a good excuse to get a few more :) Got 4 at Petco last Wednesday. They're in the QT. Yesterday one died a few hourrs after a 30% WC in the QT. I hope the other 3 do well and I can put them in the 10G in about another 10 days. That would make 8 total. I'll try to get a good photo of all 8 shoaling. But it looks like shortly after I put them in the 10G, the White Clouds appear to have the tails nipped a little bit. I've never heard or read about Glolight Tetras being nippy. But I guess it's possible. I may give away the W Clouds or put them in the 5.5G tank they used to be in before I got the 10.

You're right, Glolites aren't the Tasmanian Devils of the tiny Tetra world, Lol, and don't usually fin nip. I wouldn't worry too much about the White Clouds. Things will likely level out.

Last night I put the other 3 that were in the QT in the 10. There's 8 total. They're doing great. They were the perfect addition to this tank. The Corys were at the bottom and White Clouds stayed at the top. The Glolights fill the middle nicely and most of the time they stay in a group fairly close together.

those are absolutely beautiful! i love those plants, what kind are they? they contrast your fish so nicely.

those are absolutely beautiful! i love those plants, what kind are they? they contrast your fish so nicely.
They are Marina brand hornrwort I got from Kensfish.com. I wish they were a little darker because in photos they look almost neon green and are distracting to the eye lol.

Back
Top Bottom