Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Gold Pygmy Angel

I just got this little beauty about a week ago. She seems to be thriving and healty. Scince she is a little unusal and not seen in the trade to often I thought I would post some pics and a little info about them.
Centripyge aurantia - they get to be about 4 inches long and are rather reclusive in the wild as well as in my tank. I have struggled to get a picture of her and this the best I have gotten thus far. She has irritated my Mushrooms a little but has left my Star polyp's and Xenia completely alone keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue! I read that these angels are close to being reef safe and so far so good. Having difficulty figuring out what to feed her I will get a sponge for her to pick on if it comes down to it though she is picking at the rock constiently so its hard to tell if shes eating anything or not. If anyone with Angels has any thoughts on this I would welcome any suggestions. She is very peaceful and doesnt really bother anything or any other fish. So far so good ! The pics are fuzzy I wil try to get better ones very soon!

Old 12-18-2003, 12:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This link might help you http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/Spec...sname=aurantia

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

looks like a nice fish. where did you get it??
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I got this fish from Live Aquaria www.liveaquaria.com/ And ty the pictures really dont do it justice it is spectacular. The Marine Center also has a few avalible they are rather difficult to locate. Good Luck!!

Tags
angel, gold

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com