Got a new camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey folks, I haven't been posting in the show off forum mostly cause the pics I'm taking these days don't have much to do with fish, but thought I might show y'all what I got yesterday.

Canon 20d with a few lenses
DSCF4610.jpg

Me playing
DSCF4614.jpg

And here are a couple of shots I took last night after the battery was charged.

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Kevin - This just proves how much of a newb I am. Imagine having a camera taking beautiful pictures of a person "playing" with another beautiful camera??!!

Nice pics and I echo sumps words to the letter.

(y)

Hey Kevin, what lenses do you use for tank shots? I just got the Canon Rebel XT (350D) last week, and I ordered a Sigma 70-300mm Super Macro II. My first SLR, so any advice would be helpfull. Also, any recommended online sites?

To be honest...I haven't taken any tank shots since I got the 20d, my tank crashed last summer after days without power from the hurricaines and I have not restocked.

The sigma is a decent lens...but at 300mm your going to need higher shutterspeeds to hand hold, non-moving objecs that won't be a problem, but it also has a 3ft minimum focusing distance for macro. It will do decent for you, you might look into the canon 50mm 1.8 for a good all purpose (cheap) lens, I know several people that do fish with that lens. You should look into a good macro lens that will give you 1:1 magnification, the sigma at 300mm is only 1:2, the canon 100mm macro is very popular and with some close up diopters like the canon 250d or the canon 500d you can get very close and great magnification.

Good luck and you got yourself a nice camera ;)

As for online sites...take a look in my sig ;)

Just to give you an idea of the sigma's macro....

I took these a couple of days ago with my sigma 70-300 APO.

BTW, these are at iso 1600 with just a little selective noise reduction...

_MG_3084.jpg

_MG_3092.jpg

and this one is iso 800 a month or so ago...

_MG_1802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom