Help re External Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna124

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I am a newbie to this forum anyway I have been keeping fancy goldfish for quite a while, and recently bought a new fishtank, Fluval Roma 125. Anyway I am thinking of buying an external filter, I have a list of three which are: Fluval 206, Tetra Tec EX700, Ehem ecco pro 200 (2034).

I have spoken to various shops and read various reviews on all the above models.

Tetra Tec, one Aquatic centre who did not sell the Fluval or the X series Tetra said that the X series had problems regarding seals and they stopped selling it because of this fault, he did not sell the fluval, suggest the best was the Ehem. I have looked at all the specs and quite fancy the Fluval 206, I would like to know your views and which yiu think would be a good external filter, also are all these quiet?

I also recently purchased the Tetra APS 300 Air Pump which was advertised as "Silent" mine is not silent and has never been, I am wondering if anyone else with the same size as mine has a similar problem.

Look forward to receiving information

Thanks Anna :thanks: :fish2:

I have a fluval 405. It's been up and running for almost 2 years now. Absolutetl no problems whatsoever with it. I love it. I can't speak for any other brands as that is the only canister filter I have, the rest are HOB or sponge.

I have all different types of filter I do like the fluvals the best I have a fluval 206 and 406 they are briiliant filters

External Filters

Hi

Thanks for all the replies I will be getting the fluval 206 but one question, is this quite? also where do the pipes go is it at the back, as my tank is right against the wall/

Thanks Anna :D

My Fluval 406 is dead quiet from 5' away from the tank. If you are right next to it you can hear the motor running but its not loud at all. I could fall asleep right next to the thing.

The intake and output can go anywhere really, sides or back seem to be the most common though.

Anna124 said:
Hi

Thanks for all the replies I will be getting the fluval 206 but one question, is this quite? also where do the pipes go is it at the back, as my tank is right against the wall/

Thanks Anna :D

The pipes can go any were and also its the most quite filter I have ever had

What is the size of your tank is first and foremost. This would be to powerful for a ten gallon tank as the water flow from the outlet would overflow the edge of the tank with water all over the floor at a constant rate.

Back
Top Bottom