Heros Notatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiguardo

Aquarium Advice Freak
A couple of pics of my new Severum pair. Settling in very well & eating at every opportunity!

image-3547121180.jpg

image-4294277238.jpg

Beatiful pair of fish. How big are they? I have a couple of 3" red gold severums, but they are not a pair.

Squall said:
Beatiful pair of fish. How big are they? I have a couple of 3" red gold severums, but they are not a pair.

Thank you. They're about 6-7 inches, nose to tail at present.

tiguardo said:
Thank you. They're about 6-7 inches, nose to tail at present.

Awesome! Who needs discuss when you can have these gorgeous fishes :D
Do they grow slow? I have my severums for 2 months now but they have only grown half an inch at the most.

Here's one of them.

image-2748500039.jpg

Squall said:
Awesome! Who needs discuss when you can have these gorgeous fishes :D
Do they grow slow? I have my severums for 2 months now but they have only grown half an inch at the most.

Here's one of them.

Well said! I'm not sure how quickly they grow. I bought these a couple of weeks ago from a store that had them bought in by someone who had to get rid of their tanks. He had them from juveniles, but the store didn't know what age they were.

Yours is stunning. Wonderful coloration!

Severums are slow-growing fish, similar to some Africans in that respect. I have 3 of the red/gold and one smaller green severum. The red/golds have pretty well more than doubled in size over more about one year, the smaller green seems to be growing a little faster. At 6-7" I'd estimate their age at a couple years or more.

Back
Top Bottom