His eyes are bigger than his mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was feeding the fish this morning and put some algae wafers in for my pleco and catfish. This silver dollar grabbed one and hid with it. Not sure what he plans on but he'll be busy for a while. Lol

Attachments

• image-1876601892.jpg
    image-1876601892.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 242
Silvers LOVE algae wafers. Oh, and almost all food actually.

What do they usually eat?

Fish must be a reincarnated labrador...my dog does the same thing :) Always picking something up that barely fits in her mouth...she can't pick up one shoe, no, she picks up the pair.

My shrimp does that! I out some flakes in the tank and as soon as they down on the gravel she's out trying to get as much as possible-- her claws are almost a blur :)

I've watched my amano shrimp swim off holding onto an entire wafer. I'm left wondering just how long it takes them to consume it. :rolleyes:

LOL he might be trying to tell you he needs more veggies in his diet... But i highly doubt it

They do the same thing when I throw vegetable sticks in but they swallow those whole. They are little piggies

They are total pigs!! I had three Butter's that were like that and they ended up growing to over 7" in 9 months! According to Homer (fish expert) at Big Als he had never seen them grow that fast or as healthy, usually would take 3 years from the 1.5"size i got them at. They ate the algae wafers everyday along with their meats, yup strait meat. So maybe your silver dollars are going to end up the size of a dinner plate!?

There is eight of them in my 75g tank. You can tell the dominant ones because there is a bit of a size difference between them. Seriously, you feed them meat? Holy crap that's gotta be one messy feeding

LOL it wasnt that messy at all, they loved it so it was all eaten. Small cubes of chicken and beef, around a quarter inch. Then they had their pellets and veggie sticks to balance out the diet. Dont have them anymore, way to big for my setup they went to a 200 gallon home.

Fdsh5 said:
Was feeding the fish this morning and put some algae wafers in for my pleco and catfish. This silver dollar grabbed one and hid with it. Not sure what he plans on but he'll be busy for a while. Lol

Ha, that's funny. He says, "My food, no one else's". Somebody needs to learn how to share! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom