How does my new 10 gallon iwagumi aquascape look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank is doing good. Man, these amanos are some of the most greedy things I have ever seen!

img_2503022_0_b03a368761a107b5aa9fb406b4ed74af.jpg

img_2503022_1_ba92ed03bc346b09c22fb5521d4d9ae8.jpg

They have been holding on to these sinking wafers for at least 3 hours. No joke

Update on the tank.
img_2541970_0_1a1e42556dc802d484de654a4fedf979.jpg

The tank is doing pretty good. I went away for a week and left the tank in the care of my dad. When I came back both of my amano shrimps were gone. I dont know if they died and got eaten on jumped out and gotten eaten by my dog. The tank looks very empty. I have decided I want to add some fish. Just one species. It must be baby shrimp safe. I was thinking maybe like 6 neon tetras. But I also like those clear tetras, I just cant remember the name. Open to all suggestions.

i also think you need a few red plants in the background to make a sense of depth and make the rocks stand out. replace the largr rock with smaller ones

Update on the tank.

The tank is doing pretty good. I went away for a week and left the tank in the care of my dad. When I came back both of my amano shrimps were gone. I dont know if they died and got eaten on jumped out and gotten eaten by my dog. The tank looks very empty. I have decided I want to add some fish. Just one species. It must be baby shrimp safe. I was thinking maybe like 6 neon tetras. But I also like those clear tetras, I just cant remember the name. Open to all suggestions.

No fish is honest to goodness shrimp-safe, really, most will eat a baby shrimp if they see one. However, I doubt small fish would actively be hunting the babies down.

No fish is honest to goodness shrimp-safe, really, most will eat a baby shrimp if they see one. However, I doubt small fish would actively be hunting the babies down.

I mean fish will eat fish if there starving a little off topic but I had it happen when I was a kid

Update on the tank.

What substrate is that?

The Boraras Brigittae are tiny so the time they could chomp a baby is minimal. Rasbora Axelrodi ruby or blue neon or also sooooo tiny they would not be able to eat them unless they were just born. Mine seen to eat from the top of the water mostly and just chase a few ground micro bites and eat the First Bites from the top floating on the surface.

They starve easily if you use pelleted food since it it usually bigger than their mouth. I don't use flakes on a routine basis since there is a chance of ammonia spike with the shrimp!

The CPD are said to hunt in packs and eat baby/little shrimp. So I personally wouldn't do those unless there were tons of shrimp inhabitants and tons of plant hiding places. Your tank is beautiful but doesn't have much for hiding places/safety zones.

Update:
img_2560266_0_c44a713415560f9f487e63b2f3440309.jpg

The whole shrimp colony was wiped out due to an accidental excel overdose. Except for one male and one female RCS. Hoping they can come together and make a new colony.

Back
Top Bottom