How does my new 10 gallon iwagumi aquascape look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great! What do you plan on stalking after you add water and do you have something capping your soil?

Well there is 30-40 diffrent kinds of "dwarf hairgrass" the two most people know about are Eleocharis parvula (the one i have) which tends to grow shorter and had a bend to the leaves. Then there is Eleocharis acicularis which tends to grow strait up and taller. Most online places sell acicularis not parvula.

So how much have you spent so far on this tank and what equipment are you going to use.

Around $185 including the stand. I am going to use a penguin biowheel for the filter.

Got the window open, Finnex fugeray, and a giant 23 watt 5000k CFL. Will that do the trick or too much?

Attachments

• image-3075100407.jpg
    image-3075100407.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 128
I don't know if you can have too much light with a dry start. To improve growth you could try and get dry fertilizers that have micro and macro ferts

I have seachem flourish root tabs under the substrate. Is that what you mean?

I had a idea for some mini mini trees. I found these twigs in my back yard and i was thinking stick the in and maybe cut down the branches and put some java moss in there to make them look like trees. Do you guys think that would look cool or eh? Please be totally honest i dont want a dumb looking tank lol.

Attachments

• image-3937784408.jpg
    image-3937784408.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 136
  • image-1532300519.jpg
    image-1532300519.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 137
My concern is them wanting to float up. Maybe glue them to a small rock to keep them anchored down? Just use nontoxic silicone and once glued push the rock under the sand so it isn't visible.

Back
Top Bottom