How does my new 10 gallon iwagumi aquascape look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just set it up today. It was fluorite black sand as the substrate. Zebra stones and eleocharis acicularis. I am doing a diy co2 that goes into the filter intake. Im thing im going to get some more eleocharis acicularis. Any suggestions on ferts or anything for the plants. I am also looking for suggestions on what to put in here. Thanks! Ill upload some more pics tmorrow when the bubbles go away.

Attachments

• get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 570
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 534
Just drained the water out and Im going to do a dry start method.

Attachments

• image-94300302.jpg
    image-94300302.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 460
  • image-1660278038.jpg
    image-1660278038.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 368
  • image-2114519117.jpg
    image-2114519117.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 381
Day 5 of the dry start. I put seachem root tabs in there and i spray it with a seachem flourish/water mixture.

Attachments

• image-2780259017.jpg
    image-2780259017.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 371
Sorry I didnt think anybody was following! Glad to see someone is:rolleyes:!
Day 12 It looks like the Eleochars parvula is really filling in. RUNNERS!:dance: Ariel view pic and a pic of the front. I am spraying it every other day or everyday depending on how dry it looks with diluted seachem flourish, should i also put excel in there? It is growing pretty well but I want some more to speed up the process. So far the only I have found comes from Poland! If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know!

Attachments

• photo_4-1.JPG
    photo_4-1.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 337
  • photo_3-4.JPG
    photo_3-4.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 342
  • photo_2-5.JPG
    photo_2-5.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 326
  • photo_1-5.JPG
    photo_1-5.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 304
Awesome! So... No co2? what type of light are you using? Substrate?

Never mind lol, just re read the first post again.

Last edited:
Its a method used usually for hairgrass or dwarf hairgrass. You plant the dwarf hairgrass with the tank dry and you put saran wrap on the top so moister cant escape and your light on top of that. And you spray the dwarf hairgrass every day or every other day to keep it moist. But it grows better because it can get Co2 from the air and there is no water between it and the light. And no algae!!! There are many videos on youtube with people doing it.

No, don't add excel to the tank. They're already getting enough carbon from the air. What are you doing for macronutrients?

Its a method used usually for hairgrass or dwarf hairgrass. You plant the dwarf hairgrass with the tank dry and you put saran wrap on the top so moister cant escape and your light on top of that. And you spray the dwarf hairgrass every day or every other day to keep it moist. But it grows better because it can get Co2 from the air and there is no water between it and the light. And no algae!!! There are many videos on youtube with people doing it.

Thank you. I'll look into this

No, don't add excel to the tank. They're already getting enough carbon from the air. What are you doing for macronutrients?

I have seachem flourish root tabs in there and I am spraying it with diluted flourish. Thats it.

How's it coming?

Good, the Eleocharis parvula is growing good but Im inpatient. I want to but more to speed up the process but i can find any and my local petsmart has been out for over a month. If you know where to find some let me know!

Keep up the good work! Your patience will pay off!!! Is this a 10 gallon?

Back
Top Bottom