I just started my 180 Litre aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 hour ago I changed 25 % of the water and il redo it after 2 days then il test the water again ...

Eliedaoura said:
1 hour ago I changed 25 % of the water and il redo it after 2 days then il test the water again ...

25% not going to much at all. If your going to do a water change do 50% to make a noticeable difference. Test again now. If its still high your in for another water change.

Mumma.of.two said:
25% not going to much at all. If your going to do a water change do 50% to make a noticeable difference. Test again now. If its still high your in for another water change.

I did the test again as u said and it shows the same no2 and no3 but better ph so changed a second time 25 % of the water that mean I changed today 50% . Tomorrow morning il do the test again ... Then how should I think ??

If you get .25ppm or more of ammonia or nitrite (no2) then you need to change water. You need to change enough to bring it down to .25ppm or less. Do this every day until the tank is cycled (0 ammonia, nitrite and rising nitrate).

Mumma.of.two said:
If you get .25ppm or more of ammonia or nitrite (no2) then you need to change water. You need to change enough to bring it down to .25ppm or less. Do this every day until the tank is cycled (0 ammonia, nitrite and rising nitrate).[/QUOTE
Hi mumma !
Let we say , if I stop to do water changes for 2 weeks or more , does the good bacteria stop to grow up ? And the cycling stop too?? Regardless if the fish dies or not ...

Mumma.of.two said:
The cycle will continue and the bacteria will still grow. Ammonia and nitrite will keep rising higher and higher over the 2 weeks and could hurt the fish.

image-3562951619.jpg

A Part from my aquarium :)
Elie

Good news :))
My aquarium (180 Litre) is cycling well maybe it's in the final stage of the cycle or it's done ...
Now after I didn't performed any water change since 11 days ago , I tested the water , and the NO2 level is perfect accorded to the test system and NO3 is 25 now ...
What d u think?? Is the cycle accomplished??
Elie.

Mumma.of.two said:
Are you getting 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite? Rising nitrate?

Yeah the nitrite is 0 the nitrate is 25 but no idea about the ammonia cause it is not available in my test kit . My kit can test nitrate , nitrite , ph , chlor, Gh an Kh . ( they said when the nitrit is 0 and the nitrate is good ) that mean indirectly that the ammonia level is 0 )
What u say?

Eliedaoura said:
Yeah the nitrite is 0 the nitrate is 25 but no idea about the ammonia cause it is not available in my test kit . My kit can test nitrate , nitrite , ph , chlor, Gh an Kh . ( they said when the nitrit is 0 and the nitrate is good ) that mean indirectly that the ammonia level is 0 )
What u say?

Just because nitrite is 0 isn't a good indication ammonia is 0. You probably should get an ammonia test. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to cycle.

Ok mumma I will get ammonia test then I tell u the result
Thx a lot for ur opinion
Elie

Back
Top Bottom