If you use an IPhone for your fishy pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris J

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently discovered an easy way to get clear pics of those pesky fish that just won't sit still or some nice action shots. It may already be common knowledge and I'm just late but I take a video of said fish and then play the video. I then pause the video and drag the playback bar at the top slowly until I find a nice, clear picture of my finned friend. I then touch the screen to get the options bars to go away and then take a screen shot pressing the home button and lock button at the same time. Like I said it might be something everyone already does and. I'm just late but it has sure helped me.

image-3764879114.jpg

image-1917468878.jpg

image-2110914431.jpg

All 3 of these are done using this method and I just thought I would share it with anyone who was interested.

Wow!! I've never thought of that! Too cool. Maybe now I'll have descent photos. Thank you so very much for sharing!

It took me a while to work this one out but I did get there in the end. My fish always play up for the camera little pains but that's why I love them

I'm glad this was beneficial to everyone. Just another tool in the tool belt for getting pic of your finned friends.

I recently discovered an easy way to get clear pics of those pesky fish that just won't sit still or some nice action shots. It may already be common knowledge and I'm just late but I take a video of said fish and then play the video. I then pause the video and drag the playback bar at the top slowly until I find a nice, clear picture of my finned friend. I then touch the screen to get the options bars to go away and then take a screen shot pressing the home button and lock button at the same time. Like I said it might be something everyone already does and. I'm just late but it has sure helped me.

Yep .. I knew of it ... but I guess I'm just to lazy to actually do it:whistle:. Still, it's great sharing this with others ... it's not something that's usually considered. I suspect we'll start seeing even better quality iPhone "Video Pics".

Chris J said:
All 3 of these are done using this method and I just thought I would share it with anyone who was interested.

Nice gar!!!!! I had one for 13 years...miss that dude!!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you found this helpful.

CichlidSensai said:
Nice gar!!!!! I had one for 13 years...miss that dude!!

He's a more recent addition, I've only had him maybe a month or so. He gave me a scare last Saturday morning. I had changed my HOBs out for a new Fluval FX5 and he found the gap in my lid left by the HOBs that night (I was going to buy a new sheet of plexiglass the next day) and I found him pretty dry on the floor behind the tank. Anyway I placed him back in the tank and after about an hour of swimming weird and erratically he went back to being his normal self. His scales on his back look weird now, almost like a snakes right before they peel so I've been keeping an eye on they to make sure they don't get worse. But I'm rambling... Thanks for the complement, he is a lot of fun to have in the tank.

hey thats pretty cool.great pics by the way.now i just need an iphone...lol

gave it ago worked pretty well

Attachments

• image-1452830283.jpg
    image-1452830283.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom