Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Image Pending Approval

I finally got my gallery and they all say Images Pending Approval. How long does it take for the photos to be viewable?

We, as a people, know so much more about outer space than we do about our own oceans. This lack of knowledge can very well spell the dangers that lay in wait for us.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It is usually a few hours but may take as long as a day.

Good luck! Kat
90 malawia cichlid
55 planted tropical community
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Photos are manually approved by a very small number of AA staff. Images are approved on a 'as available' basis. Basicly as those whom have the power find time to go thru the list we approve the images.

Images that are not uploaded to the proper category greatly increase the time it takes to approve. Imagen trying to determin what category a image should go into when all you have to reference is a small 100x100 thumbnail.

Most people upload to the "Members Galleries". We do not like to put images in just the members gallery as this does not allow us to develop a comprehensive catalog of images in the other categories. ALL images uploaded will be viewable from the "View My Gallery" link or by going to "Members Galleries" in the photo gallery and finding the user but submitting them to the proper category also allows visitors to view the images with other images that contain simular subject mater.
Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason

I think that part of the problem is that the whole photo submission process is a little confusing. It took me a couple of tries to figure out how to submit photos in the correct gallery, and I did not know that photos submitted in any catagory automatically got put in my personal gallery untill later.

Perhaps some better documentation will correct that problem?

All in all, I am very glad that so many people are willing to share their photos. AA has a huge amount of photos to share and get people better informed with this hobby. I spend hours just browsing the photos sometimes.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com