Image Pending Approval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Photos are manually approved by a very small number of AA staff. Images are approved on a 'as available' basis. Basicly as those whom have the power find time to go thru the list we approve the images.

Images that are not uploaded to the proper category greatly increase the time it takes to approve. Imagen trying to determin what category a image should go into when all you have to reference is a small 100x100 thumbnail.

Most people upload to the "Members Galleries". We do not like to put images in just the members gallery as this does not allow us to develop a comprehensive catalog of images in the other categories. ALL images uploaded will be viewable from the "View My Gallery" link or by going to "Members Galleries" in the photo gallery and finding the user but submitting them to the proper category also allows visitors to view the images with other images that contain simular subject mater.

fishfreek,

I think that part of the problem is that the whole photo submission process is a little confusing. It took me a couple of tries to figure out how to submit photos in the correct gallery, and I did not know that photos submitted in any catagory automatically got put in my personal gallery untill later.

Perhaps some better documentation will correct that problem?

All in all, I am very glad that so many people are willing to share their photos. AA has a huge amount of photos to share and get people better informed with this hobby. I spend hours just browsing the photos sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom