Julii Cories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryBarb123

Aquarium Advice Freak
A couple of pics of my Julii cories! Some of my favourite fish in my tank - recommend them to anyone :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 08.55.56.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 08.55.56.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 08.55.41.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-04-09 at 08.55.41.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 122
You actually have C. trilineatus IMO. C julii have very tiny spots on their heads. Trilineatus have the reticulated pattern that yours have. Lovely fish all the same.

TRUE C julii are rare in my area C. trilineatus are sold as julii constantly. There are several Corydoras look alikes. Check Planet Catfish for more info and pics.

Ahhh, ok! They were falsely listed then :( The guy normally gets in C. trilineatus, but he said these were juliis. Oh well!

On google images, some juliis look like mine, and others are as you said - with tiny spots!

CherryBarb123 said:
Ahhh, ok! They were falsely listed then :( The guy normally gets in C. trilineatus, but he said these were juliis. Oh well!

On google images, some juliis look like mine, and others are as you said - with tiny spots!

Planet Catfish has the best info and pics. There are maybe 6 species that look very similar. They may not be trilineatus but they aren't julii.

True julii are hard to get. And they have tiny spots always.

Back
Top Bottom