Just a couple of Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Sony F828, you can see my settings for each pic directly underneath them. Tank lights only, no flash.

Cool. Your pics are very clear and have nice colr. Thanks for sharing your pics....now give me some of that coral!!! :wink:

Very nice. They could ba a little nicer with a larger aperture number, this would force you to use a slower shutter speed, but give you a better DOF. At 2.2 your DOG is pretty thin when your that close, remember when focusing, DOF is 1/3 infront and 2/3 behind your focal point. The closer you get to the subject the thinner the DOF becomes.

reefrunner69 said:
Very nice. They could ba a little nicer with a larger aperture number, this would force you to use a slower shutter speed, but give you a better DOF. At 2.2 your DOG is pretty thin when your that close, remember when focusing, DOF is 1/3 infront and 2/3 behind your focal point. The closer you get to the subject the thinner the DOF becomes.

Wow, that one button can do all of that :lol: ! And on the commercials they just say point and click.

Good looking pix!

RR when i increase my Fstop to larger numbers, i dont really notice any different until i get to and F5 or higher, but then i get more blurr in the pic from the corals moving. How do i increase my Fstop and keep the pic clear? Increase the ISO?

I wouldn't go above ISO 200, but there is option of exposure compensation, and um...turning off the pumps when you shoot and putting the camera on a tripod.

Did you use the self timer? The act of pressing the shutter at such slow shutterspeeds will cause camera shake. Post one and lets see if we can figure the problem.

Back
Top Bottom