Just Finished my first 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoplankskier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I just finished my first aquarium. its a 10 gal with 2 goldfish. Go easy on me now

=]
img_936622_0_55c7591e3d66e057a39827c93b1d92f3.jpg

Attachments

• PC300067.jpg
    PC300067.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 93
thanks for the welcome guys. so i just installed a light that i bought and it shows up a whole bunch of white particles floating in the water. its strange as i just did a partial water change with a siphon. any ideas?

Welcome to the forums man, I like the tank. Only thing I would change is the gravel, but that's only because I prefer natural colored gravel. Actually I would just it to sand, but that's just my opion. :D

I like everything else though, i'm sure your goldies are happy.

thanks for the welcome guys. so i just installed a light that i bought and it shows up a whole bunch of white particles floating in the water. its strange as i just did a partial water change with a siphon. any ideas?

Hi, These particles often seen in newly setup tanks with natural gravel (you do not have natural gravel but maybe you did not wash them well) and there is not a problem, your filter would keep your tank clean after a day.

You have a nice tank, and I suggest you to hide your filter with placing your plant in front of it to see more natural.

thanks anoush. your rite, i did not wash out the gravel before putting it in the tank. im just going to have to keep siphoning it and cleaning the filter cartridge until its satisfactory i guess

cheers

your off to a decent start but from what i can see those appear to be 2 fantail/ryukin goldfish, goldfish need different requirements than tropicals. i dont know if im allowed to link on here or not but if you do some searching you should be able to find a couple of forums dedicated to goldfish, you'll find all info you need to know from there. eventually that tank will not be suitable for those fish.

Back
Top Bottom