Krib Fry closeups... these tiny buggers are cute! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lloyd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My kribs had another set of babies about a week ago. So I thought I'd get the camera out and take some shots of them. They are still tiny, most about 7mm in length.

fry1.jpg

2. They look so plain and black/white, but looking at them so close up, I see they actually do have some colour to them
fry2.jpg

3. Hangin' out
fry3.jpg

4. The mom...
mom1.jpg

5. She's been guarding them quite aggressively.
mom2.jpg

Thanks for looking. :D

Nice photography!!!!!!! The mom is beautiful! Are they just pelvicachromis Pulcher? They fry look more like Pelvicachromis Taeniatus to me.

They are very cute! Great pictures too. The tank looks nice - is the plant with the reddish undersides a Ludwigia repens?

Yes, I believe that is what it is. I have to admit, I'm not very good with plant names... or names in general. :(

They are very cute and some pretty nice photography also.

Thank you!

Nice photography!!!!!!! The mom is beautiful! Are they just pelvicachromis Pulcher? They fry look more like Pelvicachromis Taeniatus to me.

Gosh, I was hoping someone could tell me. I fully admit I am no expert when it comes to tropical fish. I used to keep local native coldwater fish, but this tropical game is still new to me. The fish store just called it Kribensis. Just looking at the photos on the 'net I thought they were Pulchers, but that was just a guess. So you think they are Pelvicachromis Taeniatus? What are the clues?

Wow. What absolutely gorgeous fish! I have been looking for kribs all over, but none of my lfs carry them.

Congrats on the fry!

Wow. What absolutely gorgeous fish! I have been looking for kribs all over, but none of my lfs carry them.

Congrats on the fry!

Thanks! :)

Yeah, my LFS had them for about a month... and then I haven't seen any more since. I would have thought these were more common.

Gosh, I was hoping someone could tell me. I fully admit I am no expert when it comes to tropical fish. I used to keep local native coldwater fish, but this tropical game is still new to me. The fish store just called it Kribensis. Just looking at the photos on the 'net I thought they were Pulchers, but that was just a guess. So you think they are Pelvicachromis Taeniatus? What are the clues?
user_offline.gif

Well, i admit, i havent had Kribs since i was 12-13( abotu 2-3 years ago). So i dont exactly remeber what the fry look like, but your fry , idk, just seem different. Ohh, well, i would assume they are Pelvicachromis Pulcher, as they have normal coloration.

Back
Top Bottom