Let's see the single species tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my species only tank, well one of them...
IMG_1400.JPG

It houses one Dwarf Puffer

6 gallon shell dweller tank (4 juvenile [neo]lamprologus multifasciatus)...Yes, I know it's a bit on the small side, but they're happy, the water is clean and clear, and i love it :)

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 195
Freakgecko91 said:
6 gallon shell dweller tank (4 juvenile [neo]lamprologus multifasciatus)...Yes, I know it's a bit on the small side, but they're happy, the water is clean and clear, and i love it :)

Shellies are on my list of fish to have some day. Right now my water comes out of the tap a nice round seven and I don't want to play with that.

Most fish aren't gonna be terribly picky when it comes to pH nowadays, especially fish that breed easily like multies. I have dwarf south American cichlids in my main tank and my pH is around 8.2 due to our well water. They are doing just fine ;) it's all about consistency rather than the actual level most of the time

My cherry shrimp tank

Attachments

• image-1136632160.jpg
    image-1136632160.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1498788851.jpg
    image-1498788851.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image-950915776.jpg
    image-950915776.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 90
Freakgecko91 said:

Love this idea. Definitely want to do something like this one day

FishontheRock said:
Very nice. What is the substrate?

I can't remember what it was called but it's for plant growth. It's sold in 20lb bags and is supposed to have benificial bacteria already in it. It is super porous and they plants have defiantly done better in this substrate than my other planted tanks. I think caribsea was the brand but not positive

Infinity Aquascapes said:
I can't remember what it was called but it's for plant growth. It's sold in 20lb bags and is supposed to have benificial bacteria already in it. It is super porous and they plants have defiantly done better in this substrate than my other planted tanks. I think caribsea was the brand but not positive

Thanks!

@Fishontherock
I'm planning on getting Caribsea substrate for my guppy tank. The way they make it sound is that you can set up your tank and plop the fish right in, but I'm too nervous to try that.

Back
Top Bottom