Lets see your wrasses!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Hwndiver: Stunning flame wrasses. I'm jealous.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a leopard wrasse (preferably eating frozen food) if my LFS had them, but I haven't found any...Might have to go online shopping in the future...

Thanks ill take another pic of them actually in the tank.. Off island atm though

We plan to get 1 or 2 fairy wrasses (oposite to eachother best hops to get along) And maybe a flasher for our reef, the flames are beautiful but costy, we plan to get a dragon, and another wrasse for the pred maybe a bannana lol but we deff plan to get a golden wrasse for our reef as we miss our old one, and a male black african leopard for our female, and maybe a blue leopard (normal leopard), a pencil maybe, well there are so many beautiful wrasses to choose from... :)

We plan to get 1 or 2 fairy wrasses (oposite to eachother best hops to get along) And maybe a flasher for our reef, the flames are beautiful but costy, we plan to get a dragon, and another wrasse for the pred maybe a bannana lol but we deff plan to get a golden wrasse for our reef as we miss our old one, and a male black african leopard for our female, and maybe a blue leopard (normal leopard), a pencil maybe, well there are so many beautiful wrasses to choose from... :)

You should throw a red coris wrasse in your predator tank.. I always liked that one

They like to hide still ;(

Attachments

• image-932381733.jpg
    image-932381733.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-4160469301.jpg
    image-4160469301.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 76
You should throw a red coris wrasse in your predator tank.. I always liked that one

They are beautiful I have thought of them the juveniles are adorable :)
I love the colours they grow to get :) It would fit perfect
I have a thread in the members tanks section in the SW forums of my 120+75 with pics

Odd that you said that as my boyfriend was trying to describe a wrasse he seen at the pet store and when I thought about his description, then thought about your comnent, thinkn hey sounds like the same fish... We deff like it, seen and heard about them before. But now I have the space, why not there beautiful!!!

What do you think of a red coris and a dragon wrasse for the 75pred? you think they would get along, givin geting them young and around same size?

What do you think of a red coris and a dragon wrasse for the 75pred? you think they would get along, givin geting them young and around same size?

Ya they should be fine.. U need sand substrate not crushed coral for the red coris and they both will eventually out grow the 75 gal.. But other than that they would look awesome

Right now there is only a Purple Tang and a Picasso Trigger, Large Black Longspine Urchin and Purple LTA, and some Purple Kenya Tree frags... Its crushed coral for now but probley plan to switch to sand for some of the preds... And adding much more rock ofcourse... Also we would plan to move to a 180gal for the pred tank... Also planing to get a Magestic Foxface, and maybe a Eel, and thinking on maybe a third Wrasse:)

Any suggestions on a third wrasse to the mix?

Attachments

• 20121128_204044-1.jpg
    20121128_204044-1.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 71
Blue head! :D

Omg:) I seen one of them in the pet store, wanted to get it, cause he looked so cute, but we didnt have a pred setup at the time and I didnt want him to eating my small clam and tuxedo urchins, also that our reef wrasses are not as tempermental and grow a bit smaller than a blue head, but now tha we have this tank, we just might consider it! :) hoping we can upgrade to a 180 sooner as we could add more wrasses and let them all grow together :) Maybe my hubby with build one, like he did our 120 reef..
I have threads on our tank in the SW members tanks section (120galSW Reef + 75gal Pred / Seahorse Tank) More info on my pred setup, as its attached to the reef.. and if we were to upgrade the pred tank it would still be attached just a larger tank :)
We would have the Seahorse Nano attached to the system aswell but sadly its the temp difference thats keepingus from doing it, as seahorse need cooler water...

:) Any more suggestions for now and when we upgrade ur tank?

Back
Top Bottom