Lets see your wrasses!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys!! I want to see everyones wrasses and what their names are! Ill start. My female flame wrasse

Attachments

• image-608186797.jpg
    image-608186797.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2397085292.jpg
    image-2397085292.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 112
Hey

Hello we currently have 2 wrasses in our :fish2:120gal SW reef:), a beautiful female Black African Leopard Wrasse about 2 inches in size and we are looking for a male for her:), and we have a small Six Line Wrasse, only and inch in size:). We used to have a Golden Wrasse in our 75gal before we upgraded but sadly she passed :(

Attachments

• Female Black African Leopard Wrasse.jpg
    Female Black African Leopard Wrasse.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Six Line Wrasse.jpg
    Six Line Wrasse.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Golden Wrasse.jpg
    Golden Wrasse.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 95
Dat wrasse!

Heres my sixline, nothing special but hes still my favorite.

Attachments

• image-2134705396.jpg
    image-2134705396.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 113
Zactheninja said:
Dat wrasse!

Heres my sixline, nothing special but hes still my favorite.

Wow that six line is goin soo fast i can hardly see him! ;) nice fish!

Jessica-lee said:
Hello we currently have 2 wrasses in our :fish2:120gal SW reef:), a beautiful female Black African Leopard Wrasse about 2 inches in size and we are looking for a male for her:), and we have a small Six Line Wrasse, only and inch in size:). We used to have a Golden Wrasse in our 75gal before we upgraded but sadly she passed :(

Wow i love them all! Especially the golden wrasse! :)

My McCosker's Wrasse was doing fine for a while then I added a cleaner wrasse and it disappeared a week later. Loved the colors on that flasher wrasse...I saw a flame wrasse at my LFS and I was really tempted to get one, but it was more than I wanted to pay for a fish.
img_2216479_0_2224a2bd3905fa79d713a4086418c685.jpg

Well another six line wrasse in my tank too, but don't have a good pic right now! We need more pics of others though.

I used to have a lunar wrasse and a dragon wrasse years ago. The dragon was quite a cool fish. Always moving rocks, shells & whatnot. Buried every night too.

All your guys wrasses look great btw!

Keithhjs said:
Well another six line wrasse in my tank too, but don't have a good pic right now! We need more pics of others though.

I used to have a lunar wrasse and a dragon wrasse years ago. The dragon was quite a cool fish. Always moving rocks, shells & whatnot. Buried every night too.

All your guys wrasses look great btw!

Cool thanks we would love to see a picture! :) keep these wrasses coming, they are all awesome!

Here's my Hawaiian flame wrasse pair when they were acclimating :)

image-651382662.jpg

Hwndiver said:
Here's my Hawaiian flame wrasse pair when they were acclimating :)

Dear god i want your male flame wrasse!! He would be a great partner for my female ;)

Hwndiver said:
I didn't personally collect them, to deep for me haha but I know the diver who did catch them. He also brought up about 5 more, all In great health! Lucky to live in Hawaii because they are safely collected and have the minimum amount of stress because of transport. They are also really cheap here :)

The male is AMAZING! If we bought a smaller female, the larger one would turn male correct?

The male is AMAZING! If we bought a smaller female, the larger one would turn male correct?

In theory yes.. If you were to add a female to ur current tank with an established female already, it might beat it up haha it's better to add them same time and have a group of three

We had a Dragon Wrasse aswell a year ago, was beautiful, but I deffently second the fact that they move everything they can around in the tank, but we tore down that pred tank it was a 90 gal and sold the fish :( miss him and hop to get home for our new pred tank.

The Golden my boyfriend Wrasse are so very much beautiful and just peaceful to watch, she was my boyfriends wrasse.

The Six line wrasse we have now is our second, we had one in our old 75 aswell, bigger than this one. There so fast you can never get a good pic of them lol that on is croped so you can actualy see her lol. She used to be in the seahorse tank but was moved to the 120 as she got bigger (we got her realy small) lol and always popbellied lol anyways she got more agressive towards our H. comes seahores.

Sorry for the lousy quality. These were taken with an iPhone and these suckers won't stay still!

My melanarus wrasse:
41906-albums2492-picture46590.jpg

My blue-sided fairy wrasse. This shot kind of makes him blend in with my background.
41906-albums2492-picture46591.jpg

Wow i love them both!! I was very interested in the melenarus until we saw the flame... Lol

Wow i love them both!! I was very interested in the melenarus until we saw the flame... Lol

If they were the same price, I would definitely have the flame too! I paid $37 for the melanarus. The only time I've seen flame wrasses, they have been in the three digit range.

When I first got the melanarus in the tank, the blue-sided chased him a little, even though the melanarus is a little bigger. Now, the melanarus is definitely the boss. He doesn't chase non stop, but he will run at the blue-sided for a second when he gets within about 4" of him. I'd like to add an exquisite and a Carpenter's or McCoskers as well.

I've been fortunate enough to see this reef in person twice. They have more wrasses than you can shake a stick at and some I've never even heard of. pretty much all fairies and flashers.
Mike and Terry's 300g Reef - 02/26/12 - YouTube

Last edited:
@Hwndiver: Stunning flame wrasses. I'm jealous.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a leopard wrasse (preferably eating frozen food) if my LFS had them, but I haven't found any...Might have to go online shopping in the future...

If they were the same price, I would definitely have the flame too! I paid $37 for the melanarus. The only time I've seen flame wrasses, they have been in the three digit range.

When I first got the melanarus in the tank, the blue-sided chased him a little, even though the melanarus is a little bigger. Now, the melanarus is definitely the boss. He doesn't chase non stop, but he will run at the blue-sided for a second when he gets within about 4" of him. I'd like to add an exquisite and a Carpenter's or McCoskers as well.

I've been fortunate enough to see this reef in person twice. They have more wrasses than you can shake a stick at and some I've never even heard of. pretty much all fairies and flashers.
Mike and Terry's 300g Reef - 02/26/12 - YouTube

Flame wrasses are cheap in Hawaii :) males $60 females $25 haha

Back
Top Bottom