Lets see your zoas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearchumjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I love zoas. They are so neat and so colorful. I will one day have some blue hornet and maybe even some red hornet zoas. Lets see all your zoa shots. And add their names if you know them! They have such funny names sometimes. I will try and post a pic of my tiny colony after the light comes on. :)

60069-albums10534-picture44412.jpg

this is only some

Not sure of the variety name here. They are mostly pink. I still ahve the colony, but they bleached quite a bit when I knocked the lights off the timer right before going on vacation for a week.
41906-albums2492-picture37272.jpg

You probably can't tell from this picture, but this frag actually has 5 varieties on it. The ones on the lower right are dragon eyes, there is an eagle eye at the top, and a couple of others I unsure of. Theis picture is about 7 months old and the rock has filled in completely now.
41906-albums2492-picture34888.jpg

I think these are called Green Bay Packers. I got these in March also. This variety has grown fast for me and has filled in the rock and started growing onto the rock below.
41906-albums2492-picture34889.jpg

Mostly eagle eyes. I'm not sure what the darker variety is, but most of those have been displaced. These also lost quite a bit of color after the lights out incident. This pic is from November of last year. The frag plug has completely filled in to where you can no longer see the plug at all.
41906-albums2492-picture18756.jpg

Not sure on this variety. It has been a slow grower for me.
41906-albums2492-picture20227.jpg

Ye olde yellow polyps. I only have two polyps left from this colony that grew off the mother colony. I like the bright color, but this is the second colony that has taken a nosedive on me.
41906-albums2492-picture18755.jpg

Please disregard the cyano (it's all gone now). I'm not sure if these are actually zoas or not. Iv'e come across them labelled as snake polyps and snake zoas. They aren't pretty, but they have grown on me and I find them interesting. (I bought them blind as an adoption / rescue kind of thing.) They have a yellowish greenish cast to a basic tan color. They extend white tentacles mostly at night from the end of each tube.
41906-albums2492-picture36322.jpg

Last edited:
Dwilliams, I love the blue ones in your last pic. Are those the Tubbs blue or something else?

Here is my $5 frag don't know what they are called there's a couple orange ones in there!!

Attachments

• image-618601981.jpg
    image-618601981.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image-2060898822.jpg
    image-2060898822.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 98
Here is my $5 frag don't know what they are called there's a couple orange ones in there!!

I'm pretty sure the green one are dragon eyes and the orange one is an eagle eye, although I have seen the green ones labelled as eagle eyes as well.

Rutrag said:
Dwilliams, I love the blue ones in your last pic. Are those the Tubbs blue or something else?

Not entirely sure but it was like purple dragon or something like that. I started with about 10 of them about 4 months ago. They grow pretty quickly.

Ahah bear i really want to put some up! You know i have a ton, but i really cant capture their true colors:(

Back
Top Bottom