Looking for a decent Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonomakid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok with it being tax season i figured it was time to buy a new camera, what i have looking for is a good functional camera that i can use to take pics of my kids as they grow up and my fish tanks. would like to keep it too 400 dollars or under. Any help would be wonderful thanks.

For under $400 you will want to stick to point and shoot cameras....there are some good ones out there though. The Panasonic FZ35 has good reviews and has a good zoom, plus HD video recording (for all the firsts). :) I don't have experience with this camera, just saw that it had good reviews. I own a Canon S5IS and its a good point and shoot with a good zoom. It takes good macro pics, but also would work well for kids. Check out other advanced point and shoots too.

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD: Camera & Photo

this camera takes great pictures plus it's awesome for macros of the corals, because it's submersible.
it's under 300 as well.
img_1097527_0_38a15318c5e89b87009bf351ea5e30a4.jpg

img_1097527_1_5e55921713a821167bc81a49cf3f5aa5.jpg

img_1097527_2_81c75a13c261d1e1c1794eae68694a35.jpg

Desperate times call for desperate measures ;) lol. I don't even have a camera, I have to use my sister's and it isn't soo good.

Hey Doug, the first pic looks like a cupcake :)
Also, look at your Fujifilm brand. My first camera was a S5100 point and shoot and I loved it. Now you can get 10 and 12 mps for under $400.
I buy all my camera equipment from B&H Video on line. Unless I find a better deal on Amazon.

I agree with ccCapt on the Panasonic Lumix FZ35, read the reviews and looks like great camera.
My Dad showed up today with a Nikon D3000 DSLR that he said he got on-line at Circuit City for a little over $300. It was nice :) I liked that the body was a little smaller and lighter than my Nikon D80.

I have been looking at alot of point and shoot cameras online, and i am looking for 1 with a macro setting. and most of them even some of the higher end cameras are not indicating weather they have 1 or not, is there another way to tell ?

Thats not true, my wife has a 200 dollar samsung p and p, and doesnt have a macro mode. Of course it is the crappiest camera i have ever used

nothing with the symbol of a little flower on it? i've never owned a camera without a macro mode and i've owned about 20 digital P&S cameras.

Desperate times call for desperate measures ;) lol. I don't even have a camera, I have to use my sister's and it isn't soo good.
Hey Doug, the first pic looks like a cupcake :)
Also, look at your Fujifilm brand. My first camera was a S5100 point and shoot and I loved it. Now you can get 10 and 12 mps for under $400.
I buy all my camera equipment from B&H Video on line. Unless I find a better deal on Amazon

Update took the wife out shopping and talked her into a new camera, let her play with some and she picked out a Nikon L110, so far its been a great camera.

I used to do gobs of photography, and the best camera I've ever had in my life was the Stylus 770 SSW. It's an indestructable, waterproof P&S camera, and it has internal editing. I can't even describe all of the features. I would prefer it even to a DSLR.

I took a few good scores with it on www.dpchallenge.com

You can even stick it in your fish tank. ;)

The thing you have to remember with the most indestructable camera there is, is not to LOSE it. :( I took mine on a river-tubing trip and it fell out of my pocket at some point. I never found it.

Back
Top Bottom