Love my little blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep those are eggs, before they spawned the male chose a spot displayed at the female and they both spent a couple days cleaning the wood before laying. there where actually 3 pairs spawning at the same time in the tank but I could only get somewhat decent pis of these 2.

Here is a poor picture of my ram...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110701_092157.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110701_092157.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 132
WendiDell said:
We can still see that he is quite beautiful

Thank you! It is too bad she is a balloon ram... (I didn't know the whole "balloon fish" deal when I bought her)

WendiDell said:
Well your not alone in that, what is a balloon ram? I've never heard the term before.

It is basically a fish that has been bread to be deformed. Very sad! But we need to stay on topic

this is a male EBR at approx 8 months old
img_1428953_0_29e85491a7a4c8885f8f40cc64537222.jpg

jetajockey said:
this is a male EBR at approx 8 months old

That is really pretty! I love how you photo shopped everything to be black and white except the rock and the ram!

Another shot of my guy. We went from rock to black sand and he has colored up quite nicely!

Attachments

• image-3092725943.jpg
    image-3092725943.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 144
New pic of my gar pair...they are doing great! Haven't spawned yet but there are no live plants in there yet...I have heard many fish will only spawn if there are live plants in the tank. The females in the front.

o.k. love all the pics of the blue rams. i have to post mine as well. i love these guys.:)

yeah thanks. i have 2 males. i didn't want to get into breeding because i don't have the set-up to do that. good luck on your pair. they're beautiful!

New pic of my gar pair...they are doing great! Haven't spawned yet but there are no live plants in there yet...I have heard many fish will only spawn if there are live plants in the tank. The females in the front.
They are both looking really great.:)

Back
Top Bottom