Love my little blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a short one!

38871-albums1731-picture12400.jpg

I feel like in need to get in on this. :) I love my GBR, Marty. Sorry for the bad pic quality, they're from my cell.

Attachments

• GBR 1.jpg
    GBR 1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 290
  • GBR 2.jpg
    GBR 2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 271
  • GBR 3.jpg
    GBR 3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 267
He's so handsome :)

Thanks, if I catch him in the right light he looks very blue :) Yours, and everyones, are all really nice.

Anybody else have any aggression issues? Mine is getting pretty nippy, would a female companion solve that?

248320_2094105718421_1418647088_2444267_3366662_n.jpg

sorry I had to join in, these GBR's are vastly underestimated and need some lovins... in terms of the aggression you would prob be best if you got 2 females..but then again I've heard the gbrs become more aggresive in the higher numbers...

Wow this is really beautiful thread and I enjoyed some great photos thank u all for sharing your photos with our community.

Here's my latest pic of my handsome ram! :)

Beautiful GBR, wonderful coloring.
But be very careful with that Pirate ship. I had the same one in my Cichlid tank and one of my Mbunas got stuck while swimming through it. I was able to pull him out but to much damage was done and he died a few hours later.
I love sunken ships in aquariums, but you need to be very picky about which ones you use. That ship in particular has a small one way hole, where a fish can swim up into it, but not swim out again.
If for some reason your fish makes a turn inside the ship, instead of going straight through, it can get wedged up in it and die. It may never happen again, it was a complete fluke when mine did. But better safe than sorry.
If you look inside from the bottom hole you'll see that one end of the ship is filled in but the other is hallow. It's that hallow end that's a potential danger

Thanks for the tip..never thought of that..but luckily he is the biggest fish in the tank. He lives in a 10 gal hex with 6 rasboras and 2 snails :) the rasboras have no interest in it and I haven't seen him in there yet.

Omg cool! Are those eggs??? Im on my phone...lol how did your pair act during and before mating? My male seems to be chasing the female constantly. I started off with 2 males and a female...im wondering if I put the wrong male in the other tank...lol

Back
Top Bottom