LUNCH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wasn't sure where t put this exactly so I chose the photo forum. I had initially thought tube anemones were way underrated. Most stay fairly small in aquaria, are non mobile so they generally don't sting other corals, and are quite beautiful. Or so I thought. I have a tube that under newer conditions has doubled in size in the last month and has become a veracious eater. While none of my fish have been harmed (yet), check this out... I have been trying to catch this little crab (one of the few surviving hitch-hikers on my live rock) for nearly two weeks now with no luck. I couldn't ID it and it looked mean, so it looks like my tuba anemone did me a favor. BUT WOW, who would have thought a 5" tube could catch, much less eat a CRAB! I guess if he can eat this, he can eat anyting and had to go. BUT WOW, I am still in shock!

Bah, I have better pics. I didn'e even look to adjust the setings just manual focused and click. I am still learning my new camera which is far more advanced than I am. I'll add a few to the gallery. Thanks for the comments though. More than the pic is what the anemone is doing that gets me.

R-

Back
Top Bottom