Macro Coral Shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phranque said:
There you go!!!! Excellent work.... Now go get a POTM Champion badge under your avatar (y)

Thanks :). Unfortunately I don't think it would be kosher for the dude runnin the contest to try and win. Thanks again for all the help.

And Jon I don't know about that :)

Jeremy these were taken with entry level DSLR gear... Cannon t3 and a Tamron 60mm f/2.0 macro lens (lens is maybe one step up from bottom end of macros). Used a tripod and remote shutter control. Price tag for all the gear was probably in the neighborhood of $1100-1200. Not chump change but not bad considering the cost of a lot of photog gear.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't think it would be kosher for the dude runnin the contest to try and win.

Phfttt!!! I could see the conflict of interest if actual prizes were being awarded, but it's just a friendly contest..... I don't think anybody would mind.

Jeremy these were taken with entry level DSLR gear... Cannon t3 and a Tamron 60mm f/2.0 macro lens (lens is maybe one step up from bottom end of macros). Used a tripod and remote shutter control. Price tag for all the gear was probably in the neighborhood of $1100-1200. Not chump change but not bad considering the cost of a lot of photog gear.

Tamron & Sigma both have some decent lenses out there, just need to do your homework. $1200 isn't bad at all for a decent set-up.... And, yes, it can get really bad from there. I've got individual lenses that cost considerably more than that.:oops:

EDIT: Uh-Oh .... post #666 :devilish:

Back
Top Bottom