Mamma Kribb and her fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's a pic of my female tending to some of the fry from their brood...:D

Attachments

• P5030065.jpg
    P5030065.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 115
  • P5030066.jpg
    P5030066.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 96
Thanx for the coments guys (and Gals!) ;).....The fry in this picture were about 4-5 days old.
Im surprised how fast they seem to grow every time I look in my tank they look siginificantly larger than the last time!

There are six neon tetras in my tank aside from mom, pop and the fry...but thanx to very protective parents they dont even look at the fry.
This is my first kribb spawn but I had some Kenyi (pseudotropheus Lombardoi) spawn once in a ten gal I used to have some years back.

The fry look bigger than I would expect for 4-5 days old. I would expect them to still be wigglers at that stage. I know all species are different and they have to grow fast to avoid being eaten. I know you said the krib parents are very protective and the neons don't bother them but size-wise, are the fry too big for the neons to eat?

They have been growing really....And I mean Really really fast.....I swear you could almost see them growing. evry day they seem to get a littlle "bulkier" and longer. although some of them seem to be slower to grow than others they all look healthy, im guessing the smaller ones are the females.

(Hi Anti.....how have you been, My tank is doing great. Im gonna post some before and after CO2. Pics The difference is significant and im pretty happy with the results and function of my CO2 set up.)

Congrats - they are cute -- and I learned something today - I never knew fish looked after their young - I thought they were on their own from birth - Also I never heard of a kribb before - pretty, pretty fish :scrambleup:

Hi kribbman! I'm doing fine :) The fry sound like they're growing very well! What are you feeding them?

I'm glad to hear the CO2 system is working out well for you! I'd like to see some pics!

Im feeding them crushed flake food and frozen brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom