March Saltwater Photo Contest Submissions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
blenny2.jpg

I'll resize before the contest. Although now that the winner is not on the front page...I do not see any reason not to allow 800 X 600 demensions.

Edit: Resized

Another submission

Closeup of my Hammer (Euphyllia ancora) it is almost a foot in dia.
-hp photosmart 318 (not a great camera)
-2X zoom
-no flash

im000304.jpg

Another saltwater entry...

onemore.jpg

Camera: Olympus D-450 zoom 1.3 megapixel

subjects: Sarcophyton spp. and tank raised Amphiprion percula

Another submission

bluexmastree.JPG

Spirobranchus porites

care is as follows:
The Christmas Tree Worm, or Jewel Stone, was first described by scientists in 1766. Its crown comes in a variety of different colors, but is always paired. Usually, just the crown, which is spiraled in the shape of a Christmas tree, is seen; its body is hidden within the host coral. It has an operculum (top trap door) that covers its tube when it withdraws its crown. There are often several Christmas Tree Worms in the same area, though they do not live in close groups.The Christmas Tree Worm is somewhat shy of movement and prefers to be in the shade of rocky overhangs, out of the bright light. It is very intolerant of copper-based medications.Breeding in the home aquarium is very rare.Since it is purely a filter feeder, the diet of the Christmas Tree Worm should be supplemented with liquid plankton-based foods

the pic was taken with my new sony mavica cd cam . no flash - macro setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom